Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of pasblues's message #15399367 « Fuji 50mm f1.0 image thread »

pasblues
Upload & Sell: On
Fuji 50mm f1.0 image thread

If a person was going to use it wide open in sunlight, you can see you're really done at 1/8000 and 160ISO unless you get filters. Might be some people find a path for that. There's always different applications for different things.

I'm probably going to try the Fuji 50mm f1.0 out at a concert next. Low light combined with accurate low light focus would certainly be a solid application for this lens. There also might be some night events over the next few weeks where I can work it into the shoots.

The other low light options I would turn to are the Sony 135 GM and the (Sony) Sigma 105 1.4 - and they are SUPER big. They are, granted, also different focal lengths.

The PERFORMANCE of a lens for its applications is where it would largely be rated. Of these three lenses, uhmmmm, probably the Sigma would be somewhat preferable. It gets difficult for any lens to nail focus in C mode and a moving subject when there are razor thin DOF.

Nov 08, 2020 at 08:46 PM

Previous versions of pasblues's message #15399367 « Fuji 50mm f1.0 image thread »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.