Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of j4nu's message #15320932 « FM Review: Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM »

j4nu
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: FM Review: Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM

Thanks, Fred! This is truly the only place on the internet, where you can see such a detailed real-life comparisons between lenses .
As for the test itself, it seems Sigma is particularly strong @14mm where it trades blows with the GM. Also the extreme corners look slightly better on Sigma (maybe except @18mm where Sony shines).
However, the midfield looks like an advantage to the GM, Sigma catches up only after closing down to @f5.6. Also center seems to be very slightly sharper on the GM in some cases.
To me, this tests confirms that the GM is really something unique, that other brands can only envy for now . Once I learn how to take good pictures with such ultrawides (if that ever happens), I'll reconsider getting the GM, as for me it's another system seller for Sony (but the price and performance of Sigma, makes it a difficult choice, similar to 135mm) .

Aug 18, 2020 at 03:55 PM

Previous versions of j4nu's message #15320932 « FM Review: Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM »