Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of speedmaster20d's message #14696964 « My Review of the 500PF »

speedmaster20d
Upload & Sell: On
My Review of the 500PF

MatthewK wrote:
I'm not doubting that Nikon and their AF isn't great, but all of you born again Nikon shooters made incredible images for years with your Canon gear, regularly extolling its virtues in blog posts and videos, and now the same exact gear is barely able to make usable images without a hope and a prayer? "AF is all over the place and struggles mightily". Come on, man... if that were the case, how did you or any of these other shooters ever get anything remotely usable? And if it were such a struggle, why was it never mentioned?

I did make good images but what you have no idea about is what the keeper ratio was. Any camera even an iphone can make incredible award-wining images in the right condition and if you tried a million times. For every incredible image you saw, there were maybe 3-4 more incredible ones that were missed.

For many years before D5D/D850 Nikon AF sucked, Canon wasn't perfect but there wasn't anything better at the time. With D5/D850 Nikon showed us what is possible.

Regards

Dec 17, 2018 at 11:06 AM

Previous versions of speedmaster20d's message #14696964 « My Review of the 500PF »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.