Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RoyC's message #14686073 « My Review of the 500PF »

RoyC
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: My Review of the 500PF

this is me wrote:
ilkka_nissila wrote:

I think Nikon do not need to be in a rush to respond to rumored/speculated competitors' possible future lenses. I don't see Canon or Sony 500/5,6 anywhere. Each manufacturer is doing their own thing. The market will decide.

They don't have to do anything but they do need to keep up with competitor. As of today, Canon's has the lightest 400mm f/2.8 and 600mm f/4. Significantly lighter actually. Lighter enough to make some of us 600mm user lusting for an updated version of the FL.
Nikon 600mm f/4 FL is 8.4lbs.
Canon 600mm f/4 ISIII is 6.7lbs.

While I have no personal experience with anything Canon, a Canon user I see every couple of years in YNP during fall trips told me this year that the reason he was shooting the older version of the Canon 600 f4 was that the new one is to light. He bought the new lens (ISIII) used it a couple of weeks and then bought his older lens back. He spoke to the ISIII's having an issue with internal vibrations that a long lens stability device could not resolve. A Canon shooter's words.

Dec 07, 2018 at 08:28 AM

Previous versions of RoyC's message #14686073 « My Review of the 500PF »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.