Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Luvwine's message #14147161 « Initial look at Voigtlander 65/2 apo »

Luvwine
Upload & Sell: On
Initial look at Voigtlander 65/2 apo

I don't know how much interest there is regarding this lens. It arrived today and I went and took some initial pics. I will do some more picture taking over the weekend, but thought I would post some pictures in case others are debating about this lens. I know there is a topic on the lens already, so if this should go there, perhaps Fred can move it. I did not want to clog up that topic with a bunch of pics. Anyway, here goes. My initial take is that I am impressed! Lens is not small nor light, but it has a good feel, a lens cap that conveniently fits both the lens and the metal hood, and seems like it may be a keeper for me, tho time will tell. My copy seems centered (I will spare you those shot) and I took it to a local bridge (Jackson Street Bridge) in Atlanta which is a famous view of downtown. I took pics in unfortunately fading light with the Loxia 50, CV 65/2, Leica 75/2, and Loxia 85. The test favors the earlier lenses as the light was fading so more testing is needed. I also took one (one!) pics of a photographer I met at the bridge and one quick semi-macro to get an idea of how close it will focus. NO post processing on these shots. Here goes:

This post will be wide open shots with all four lenses. Next post will be F 5.6 shots.

First the scene with the Loxia:

Scene with the CV:

Center crop F2 Loxia:

Center Crop F2 CV:

Center Crop F2 Leica:

Center Crop Loxia 85 F2.4:

Upper right F2 Loxia 50 (weak point for loxia):

Upper right CV 65 F2 (and this is more in the corner than for the Loxia:

Loxia Mariott F2:

CV F2 mariott:

Leica F2 Mariott:

Loxia 85 F2.4 Mariott:

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:42 PM
Luvwine

I don't know how much interest there is regarding this lens. It arrived today and I went and took some initial pics. I will do some more picture taking over the weekend, but thought I would post some pictures in case others are debating about this lens. I know there is a topic on the lens already, so if this should go there, perhaps Fred can move it. I did not want to clog up that topic with a bunch of pics. Anyway, here goes. My initial take is that I am impressed! Lens is not small nor light, but it has a good feel, a lens cap that conveniently fits both the lens and the metal hood, and seems like it may be a keeper for me, tho time will tell. My copy seems centered (I will spare you those shot) and I took it to a local bridge (Jackson Street Bridge) in Atlanta which is a famous view of downtown. I took pics in unfortunately fading light with the Loxia 50, CV 65/2, Leica 75/2, and Loxia 85. The test favors the earlier lenses as the light was fading so more testing is needed. I also took one (one!) pics of a photographer I met at the bridge and one quick semi-macro to get an idea of how close it will focus. NO post processing on these shots. Here goes:

This post will be wide open shots with all four lenses. Next post will be F 5.6 shots.

Scene with the CV:

Center crop F2 Loxia:

Center Crop F2 CV:

Center Crop F2 Leica:

Upper right F2 Loxia (weak point for loxia):

Upper right CV 65 F2 (and this is more in the corner than for the Loxia:

Loxia Mariott F2:

CV F2 mariott:

Leica F2 Mariott:

Loxia 85 F2.4 Mariott:

Aug 16, 2017 at 10:39 PM
Luvwine

Scene with the CV:

Center crop F2 Loxia:

Center Crop F2 CV:

Center Crop F2 Leica:

Upper right F2 Loxia (weak point for loxia):

Upper right CV 65 F2:

Loxia Mariott F2:

CV F2 mariott:

Leica F2 Mariott:

Loxia 85 F2.4 Mariott:

Aug 16, 2017 at 10:17 PM

Previous versions of Luvwine's message #14147161 « Initial look at Voigtlander 65/2 apo »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.