fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of sxgva's message #12288788 « Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression »

  

sxgva
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression


Some additional observation:

RE: wrong lens name: Occasionally, while lens length is always captured correctly in Exif, lens name still shows the last lens mounted. To prevent this, always turn off the camera and un-mount the lens with adapter. Then, re-mount adapter with lens back onto camera. This is like a \"reboot\". I did this and lens always showed correct name and length afterwards.

Another observation is that, when a lens is used on adapter for the first time, there might be some glitches like I described earlier. Afterwards, when the lens is \"registered\" with the adapter, switching lenses never created any issue. The adapter recognized the lens right away and the correct max aperture value showed up.

RE: focus adjustment: Bottom line first -- it works. I adjusted focus of my 80mm. See results below. Again, this is nothing scientific. I didn\'t mount the camera onto a tripod, and the purpose is just to provide proof of concept to show it can be done, and I\'m happy to say that it generated good results. The process to micro adjust the focus, as described in the Chinese website, may sound overwhelming at first. But after doing it a couple of times, it is quick to get the hang of it, and it is really not compliated at all. It\'s a time-consuming trial and error. Sometimes I was not sure whether or not a new number I entered would actually overwrite the previous number setting. A good practice that I found, in my limited time of testing, is to always erase the previous number setting before entering a new one. Also, power off camera and un-mount adapter with lens each time an old setting is erased, and a new setting is entered. This \"reboot\" really eliminates uncertainties in this tedious exercise, and I found it very helpful.



Apr 18, 2014 at 09:10 PM
sxgva
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression


Some additional observation:

RE: wrong lens name: Occasionally, lens length is captured correctly in Exif, but the lens name still shows the last lens mounted. To prevent this, always turn off the camera and un-mount the lens with adapter. Then, re-mount adapter with lens back onto camera. This is like a \"reboot\". I did this and lens always showed correct name and length afterwards.

Another observation is that, when a lens is used on adapter for the first time, there might be some glitches like I described earlier. Afterwards, when the lens is \"registered\" with the adapter, switching lenses never created any issue. The adapter recognized the lens right away and the correct max aperture value showed up.

RE: focus adjustment: Bottom line first -- it works. I adjusted focus of my 80mm. See results below. Again, this is nothing scientific. I didn\'t mount the camera onto a tripod, and the purpose is just to provide proof of concept to show it can be done, and I\'m happy to say that it generated good results. The process to micro adjust the focus, as described in the Chinese website, may sound overwhelming at first. But after doing it a couple of times, it is quick to get the hang of it, and it is really not compliated at all. It\'s a time-consuming trial and error. Sometimes I was not sure whether or not a new number I entered would actually overwrite the previous number setting. A good practice that I found, in my limited time of testing, is to always erase the previous number setting before entering a new one. Also, power off camera and un-mount adapter with lens each time an old setting is erased, and a new setting is entered. This \"reboot\" really eliminates uncertainties in this tedious exercise, and I found it very helpful.



Apr 18, 2014 at 08:56 PM





  Previous versions of sxgva's message #12288788 « Contax 645 to Canon EF Adapter Initial Impression »