WA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end

Archive 2008 · #325 Contemplating the Light

Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · #325 Contemplating the Light

It's not fair. She is stealing everyone's eyes, hearts and votes. Yes, mine included….

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Jan 04, 2009 at 04:22 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · #325 Contemplating the Light

Sign... What can i do, Yakim, my friend? You weren't posting when Fibble was around, but he used to send me "Rubbish Pills" to keep my photos in line. I ran out of them a long while ago. Anyway, i'll tell Katalin how she has stolen your heart (and vote). Perhaps someday you will get to meet her in person.

I pray all is well for you in the midst of the war. Do the Hamas rockets fall anywhere near you?

Take good care.

Happy New year and warm regards,

Endre

Yakim Peled wrote:
It's not fair. She is stealing everyone's eyes, hearts and votes. Yes, mine included….

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Jan 04, 2009 at 05:19 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · #325 Contemplating the Light

I sure hope to be able to meet her one day. And you of course. Meanwhile I'll just sit and stare….

About the rockets, luckily the answer is no. I live in center Israel and it is just too far (well, at least for now). However, some of my co-workers live in the south and things are far from being simple for them. Unfortunately, Israel has never been a quiet place. There was always someone….

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Jan 04, 2009 at 05:49 AM
markymarc
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · #325 Contemplating the Light

Whats impressive is that the candles still have plenty of wax left...which means you made quick work of taking that awesome shot!

Marc

Jan 05, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · #325 Contemplating the Light

Thanks, Marc. I appreciate your kind comment. I did a bit of setup first before lighting the candles but one has to work quickly when kids are involved. The time-span of their willingness to be helpful tends to be quite short. I think I only shot about 5 frames before they were finished.

All the best,

Endre

markymarc wrote:
Whats impressive is that the candles still have plenty of wax left...which means you made quick work of taking that awesome shot!

Marc

Jan 06, 2009 at 01:59 AM
billsamuels
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · #325 Contemplating the Light

Excellent!!!

May 07, 2019 at 02:15 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · #325 Contemplating the Light

Thank you, Bill! This one is really old. That daughter is now 21 years old and a Senior in Chemical Engineering at University. I hadn't seen it myself in years. I'm so glad you like it enough to dig it up from the distant archives.

billsamuels wrote:
Excellent!!!

May 07, 2019 at 02:33 AM
Intheswamp
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · #325 Contemplating the Light

I must say a very nice shot, Endre. I'm also glad that it was brought back to light. I do so love the lighting! Will we see a sequel...a decade later?

Be well,
Ed

May 07, 2019 at 09:11 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · #325 Contemplating the Light

Thanks, Ed. I'm very glad yo like it - especially since it is at least a decade old. That daughter is 21 now. I'll see what I can do about an updated reshoot.

All the best,

Endre

Intheswamp wrote:
I must say a very nice shot, Endre. I'm also glad that it was brought back to light. I do so love the lighting! Will we see a sequel...a decade later?

Be well,
Ed

May 10, 2019 at 02:40 AM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.