WA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2008 · #317 Gone Fishing

Vipermike
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #317 Gone Fishing

I wanted to represent the feeling of simple times with this concept. Away from the hustle and bustle that many of us face every day. I also tried to keep the shot itself as simple as possible.

Edited on Nov 01, 2008 at 09:54 PM · View previous versions

Oct 31, 2008 at 03:47 AM
Steven Roberts
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #317 Gone Fishing

Just fantastic. Damn you No, It just works all around as usual. Love it.

Steve R

Oct 31, 2008 at 06:01 AM
Carolyn1250
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #317 Gone Fishing

Great shot! Love the ripples, perfect capture and composition.

Carolyn

Oct 31, 2008 at 08:20 AM
gt_me_jon
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #317 Gone Fishing

You really need to give everyone a chance once in a while! This is perfection here. The lighting is absolutely gorgeous, and the composition is spot on. I don't know how you do it week after week.

Jon

Oct 31, 2008 at 08:33 AM
Camare
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #317 Gone Fishing

Very nice!!

Oct 31, 2008 at 08:34 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #317 Gone Fishing

Sigh.... I've entirely run out of Fibble's "Rubbish Pills" or I'd send you some. You're in much more need of them than I.

What's the point of anyone ever entering the WA if you're here? i think Fred should simply make a separate category - the Vipermike WA page which would have your weekly photo done for the topic and then let the rest of us compete in the regular WA.

Stunning shot, Mike, my friend!!

Warm regards,

Endre

Oct 31, 2008 at 10:41 AM
nlamendo
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #317 Gone Fishing

Hello Mike,
The lighting and color in this shot is super. I really like the little ripple you've captured too. A super entry, nice, clean, and simple. Awesome work.
-Nick

Oct 31, 2008 at 07:50 PM
Bill Sutherland
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #317 Gone Fishing

Perhaps you could really hang up the sign and take a fishing break for a few weeks. As usual you it the spot with your talents and expertise.

Oct 31, 2008 at 09:43 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #317 Gone Fishing

Hey Guys!! Thank you for always supporting my efforts. It is appreciated more than you know. I honestly hope there is no truth to the ribbing you guys give me. I would feel just awful if I thought someone didn't shoot because of a shot I posted. Fact of the matter is I have not won a WA in a long while. This is a tough crowd to compete with and it keeps getting tougher. So will I back down or go fishing? Hell no! I am going to try as hard as I can to win every week and shoot the best possible image I can! Bring it on!

Thank you all again so much for making me a better photographer.

Oct 31, 2008 at 10:32 PM
Steven Roberts
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #317 Gone Fishing

Hey Mike, I am all for it. Bring it because it raises the standard all the time and for me, I rather have a high standard to get better than a lucky hit or miss occasionally. So KEEP BRINGING IT!! Oh by the way, why is your post hidden? You like to be stealthy like that huh.......lol

Steve R::

Oct 31, 2008 at 10:59 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #317 Gone Fishing

Thanks Steve!

oh and no, I didn't realize my cloaking devise was on

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:15 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #317 Gone Fishing

This is gorgeous, Mike. Love the smooth water, and slack string. Keep shooting that D80...you prove it's the person behind the camera and not the equipment every shot you take! Composition is simply (pun intended) superb.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:44 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #317 Gone Fishing

James! Right back at you my friend! Your work is always an inspiration!

Love my D80 but I be lying if I said I wasn't looking hard at the D700 Although the D90 would be a real nice upgrade. Maybe I'll split the difference and get the D300... Ahhhhh

Nov 01, 2008 at 12:10 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · #317 Gone Fishing

The naturally monochrome image, except for the red plastic, is impressive. Bravo! I particularly like the lighting.

The image reminds me of childhood fishing with a bamboo pole. I doubt adult fishing could be as pure or as much fun.

Nov 01, 2008 at 04:34 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · #317 Gone Fishing

Strad wrote:
Sigh.... I've entirely run out of Fibble's "Rubbish Pills" or I'd send you some. You're in much more need of them than I.

What's the point of anyone ever entering the WA if you're here? i think Fred should simply make a separate category - the Vipermike WA page which would have your weekly photo done for the topic and then let the rest of us compete in the regular WA.

Stunning shot, Mike, my friend!!

Warm regards,

Endre

I have to agree. I'll contact Fred. This is depressing....

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Nov 01, 2008 at 06:07 AM
Steven Roberts
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · #317 Gone Fishing

Mike I am actually in the process of upgrading to the D90 myself. They say it has lots of the same features as the 300 and 700, as far as quality is concerned. I do like the fact that it does movie clips in HD. I would like to have that for my daughter!! The race to the upgrade is on (even though I need to be happy with my D80 like you and learn how to make that happen first)

Steve R

Nov 01, 2008 at 06:48 AM
mark nicoll
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · #317 Gone Fishing

Hi Mike,
Im gonna have to be honest andd say i hate this shot, but only because its gonna beat me
Lighting great as usual
(oh and can you tell me when your on holiday as ill put extra effort in for those weeks!!!!)
Take care
Mark

Nov 01, 2008 at 09:43 AM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · #317 Gone Fishing

AuntiPode wrote:
The naturally monochrome image, except for the red plastic, is impressive. Bravo! I particularly like the lighting.

The image reminds me of childhood fishing with a bamboo pole. I doubt adult fishing could be as pure or as much fun.

AuntiPode, always good to hear your thoughts. Thank You. Natural monochrome achieved by first spray-painting the inside of the water container black. Thanks for taking note of that.

Nov 01, 2008 at 11:55 AM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · #317 Gone Fishing

Yakim Peled wrote:
I have to agree. I'll contact Fred. This is depressing....

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Thank you Yakim! I hope that means you like it

Nov 01, 2008 at 12:08 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · #317 Gone Fishing

Steven Roberts wrote:
Mike I am actually in the process of upgrading to the D90 myself. They say it has lots of the same features as the 300 and 700, as far as quality is concerned. I do like the fact that it does movie clips in HD. I would like to have that for my daughter!! The race to the upgrade is on (even though I need to be happy with my D80 like you and learn how to make that happen first)

Steve R

Steve, I know I would be happy with the D90 and yes, the camera is just the painters brush. The results come from within the shooter. Almost any of today’s cams can produce professional results. I do miss the feel of an alloy body and I don't use the pre-programmed modes. I really like layout of the D300 and D700 for my style of shooting. I think either one of these would satisfy me for a very, very long time.

Nov 01, 2008 at 12:43 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.