WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2008 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Chad Schulz
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

I spend my evenings managing the largest truck stop in the area. And although most of my daily routine is spent indoors, I find my occasional trips outside to be the most photographic.

I shot dozens of potentials, day and night. But I settled on the simplest and least abstract shot. I had to be careful not to infringe on any business or product names/trademarks. Everything in a retail store has a brand name on it

See Ya,
Chad

Alright, I've changed my entry. I feel that the new entry more closely fits my actual job description. I do fuel trucks, cars, gas cans, mo-peds, etc... Although most of my job is indoors. But I so hate those flurescent lights

Edited on Oct 29, 2008 at 01:29 AM · View previous versions

Oct 28, 2008 at 03:19 AM
Bill Sutherland
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

I think that i would liked to have seen more of the rigs that you manage Chad. Nevertheless a cool shot. I'm intrigued by the disabled parking sign on the wall next to the farthest truck. I thought that it only applied to auto drivers.

Oct 28, 2008 at 05:00 AM
mark nicoll
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

I like this Chad, its simple but still leaves enough room for our imagination.
Good entry
Take care
Mark

Oct 28, 2008 at 05:16 AM
Steven Roberts
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Yeah, its a cool shot. Something missing from it though. Can't put my hands around it. Is it the color, the sharpness, maybe the signs? Not sure, but like it over all

Steve R.

Oct 28, 2008 at 06:39 AM
Hightraxx
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Like the almost starbursts on the grills, looks like it was taken in the evening as the sun seem to give it a special touch.

Norm

Oct 28, 2008 at 02:08 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

This is beautiful, Chad. One of your best! I love it! Which truck stop is it that you work at? In case I ever pass through it would be good to know how to find you.

All the best,

Endre

Oct 28, 2008 at 07:35 PM
gt_me_jon
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Gorgeous warm lighting here. I like how the colors play out and the composition is nice. Good job.

Jon

Oct 28, 2008 at 08:02 PM
hhski
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

This is wonderful. I love the light on the red trucks.

Oct 28, 2008 at 08:33 PM
Michael Trojan

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Hey Chad,

Fantastic capture!! I love the way the trucks are staggered...Kenworth out front!! lol You timed the shot perfectly to get the sunlight beaming off of the chrome. Great work!!

Good Luck!

Oct 28, 2008 at 09:04 PM
Dajavu
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Too bad I don't travel farther than just the western provinces of Canada Chad, or I'd stop in and let you buy me a coffee! Good entry, nice late light on the trucks as they're settled in for the night. I also caught the disabled parking logo on the barricade and had a little chuckle wondering if their was the applicable permit in the window of that KW...

Good luck,
David

Oct 28, 2008 at 09:33 PM
Chad Schulz
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

I deliberated and decided to go with my alternate entry. I really appreciate the comments made prior to this post as they refer to my first attempt.

First attempt titled: Three Red Trucks

https://www.fredmiranda.com/hosting-data//500/161706Three_Red_Trucks.jpg

All following comments refer to the new shot.

Chad

Edited on Oct 29, 2008 at 01:33 AM · View previous versions

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:18 PM
Chad Schulz
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Bill Sutherland wrote:
I think that i would liked to have seen more of the rigs that you manage Chad. Nevertheless a cool shot. I'm intrigued by the disabled parking sign on the wall next to the farthest truck. I thought that it only applied to auto drivers.

I tried multiple shots containing many rigs, but at the lower res restrictions of this WA entry, all the great detail was lost and it just looked like a cluttered mess

And we do provide about 4 full truck/trailer spots for handicapped drivers. It's quite common to have drivers in need of these spots. The trucks shown are on the other side of the barrier.

Thanks Bill,
Chad

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:24 PM
Chad Schulz
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Steven Roberts wrote:
Yeah, its a cool shot. Something missing from it though. Can't put my hands around it. Is it the color, the sharpness, maybe the signs? Not sure, but like it over all

Steve R.

I agree, I feel it misses some drama. But I liked the lighting and colors of red/blue. I've got an alternate shot which I probably won't use now in light of all the other positive comments.

Very much appreciate the C&C Steve.
Chad

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:26 PM
Chad Schulz
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Thanks going out to Mark, Norm, Endre, Jon, hhski (sorry don't know your name), Michael, and David.

Your comments having been very helpful...I mean confusing...I mean helpful.

I've now got two potential entries and only a couple of hours to decide, and you guys seem to mostly like my first entry.

So I guess....?

Thanks for all the comments, I really do appreciate them
Chad

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:35 PM
Dajavu
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Oh man, what a dilemma! I'm thinking that the in yer face nozzle is just so much more strong of a message type picture and also a little clearer without any description on the type of work it portrays maybe you should go with that....But wait for another opinion or two, I don't want to be the only one to make you change it!!!

Cheers,
David

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:04 AM
Michael Trojan

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Wow Chad! Your second effort is even better! Way to go!! It's just so "in your face" with the message. The DOF is amazing too!! I have to vote you go with the second shot....maybe the first.....no......definitely the second one!!

Great shots!
Good Luck!

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:35 AM
Chad Schulz
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Thanks to David and Michael in giving me feedback at this late hour for the alternate entry.

I hope I made a wise decision. But, then again, there's always next week

Chad

Oct 29, 2008 at 01:35 AM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Hey Chad! At face value I think this is one of the strongest pieces this week. Great POV. Love the subtle drop too. I hope you didn't get any on your camera.

Oct 29, 2008 at 03:00 AM
Steven Roberts
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Yeah, the second one completes that missing link to me. So much stronger! I think you did the right thing

Steve R

Oct 29, 2008 at 06:50 AM
Carrol
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · #316 Fuel Nozzle PoV

Chad,
Wow, this second image is definitely better - a much stronger image!
Great perspective and DOF. And the drop on the end completes it perfectly!

~ Carrol

Oct 29, 2008 at 04:38 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.