fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

  

Back to M (Digital)

  
 
maxx9photo
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Back to M (Digital)


For the context I have used M6 in film days and Epson RD1 in digital form. Also, I have been spoiled with AF Q ever since it's 1st introduced back in 2015. I skipped the Q2 and jumped to Q3 43 last year.


Now, I have the itch of getting back to M. So, f I narrow it down to 3 options, what would you recommend?

1. M 10-R
2. M 11/P
3. M EV1

Lens either 35/50 (Leica or non Leica), but I think I know what I want between the 2.

Thanks for any feedback guys!




Oct 11, 2026 at 03:19 PM
philip_pj
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Back to M (Digital)


Would you have enjoyed the Q3 43 if it was equipped with a rangefinder?


Oct 11, 2026 at 03:35 PM
maxx9photo
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Back to M (Digital)


philip_pj wrote:
Would you have enjoyed the Q3 43 if it was equipped with a rangefinder?


It will slow me down in for sure! but there are many lenses I would love to try in the M world in which Q3 43 won't give me.




Oct 11, 2026 at 03:41 PM
DKLeica
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Back to M (Digital)


maxx9photo wrote:
For the context I have used M6 in film days and Epson RD1 in digital form. Also, I have been spoiled with AF Q ever since it's 1st introduced back in 2015. I skipped the Q2 and jumped to Q3 43 last year.

Now, I have the itch of getting back to M. So, f I narrow it down to 3 options, what would you recommend?

1. M 10-R
2. M 11/P
3. M EV1

Lens either 35/50 (Leica or non Leica), but I think I know what I want between the 2.

Thanks for any feedback guys!



If budget isn't an issue, I would vote for the M11, either version. The M 10 R is a great camera but the sensor in the M11 is better IMHO. The EV-1 is great if your eyes are going but for me I found you had to have it wide open to focus accurately and then stop down if wide open isn't what you want. So much great glass available, as long as you dont mind manual focus you can't go wrong with the M system.



Oct 11, 2026 at 04:10 PM
Surfnsun
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Back to M (Digital)


My opinion-
M11p is the better camera. Better sensor. Better battery. Integrated storage.

My choice-
So I bought my m10r for its more unique sensor over technical perfection. I’d make the same choice again. Paired with my 50lux and it’s been an absolute dream combination.

EV1-
I’d go with Leica’s SL3 if I want an EVF with Leica. I wouldn’t purchase an EV1.



Oct 11, 2026 at 04:24 PM







FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account