fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

  

Seeking suggestions for very small camera cube or bag insert

  
 
h_jimmy
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Seeking suggestions for very small camera cube or bag insert


Hello,

I'm looking for suggestions for a bag insert. I recently purchased my first digital Leica (a secondhand M240) and I use mostly compact lenses with it (Voigtlander Color-Skopar 50mm f/2.2 and Ultron 28mm f/2 version 2). I'm looking for some sort of protective case I can put the camera body + one lens in that I can then put into another bag like a tote bag or backpack.

I would prefer the insert to be slightly padded and structured and to be just large enough to fit the camera body + lens. Most options I've seen are either much larger (can fit multiple lenses and have compartments) or too small (sized for just a point and shoot).

After looking online, my current top option is this OP/TECH soft pouch:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009R9BP/
But I would prefer something a little more structured, if possible. I wish that Peak Design made a camera cube that was about half the size of the XS option they have!

Thanks in advance!



Oct 06, 2026 at 07:45 PM
ken.vs.ryu
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Seeking suggestions for very small camera cube or bag insert


i usually just put my camera in a sling and that sling goes in my big bag. i use an old neoprene lens pouch if i need extra protection.

big bag goes in overhead or under my seat in the plane after i take out the sling for the seat back.



Oct 08, 2026 at 07:52 AM
weatherproof
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Seeking suggestions for very small camera cube or bag insert


Tenba BYOB7 is the smallest structured thing I found: https://tenba.com/tenba-byob-7-camera-insert-black/

The camera goes in at a diagonal and I can fit another small lens or two batteries on the other side of the moveable divider.



Oct 08, 2026 at 10:36 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Seeking suggestions for very small camera cube or bag insert


Whatever Tenba BYOB will fit is always the answer.


Oct 08, 2026 at 11:02 AM
a m cole
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Seeking suggestions for very small camera cube or bag insert


The Leica Neoprene Case M Black with Small Front works great for me for that use.


Oct 08, 2026 at 02:48 PM
Mystik
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Seeking suggestions for very small camera cube or bag insert


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0FHKHRXSS?ref_=ppx_hzsearch_conn_dt_b_fed_asin_title_19


Oct 08, 2026 at 02:51 PM







FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account