fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

  

Away from the Crowds in the Tetons & Environs

  
 
Monika C
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Away from the Crowds in the Tetons & Environs


As you can imagine, Grand Teton NP was absolutely mobbed the other week. I was very surprised to find almost all the dispersed camping spots empty, but it looked like it had rained hard the day or so before. I was able to nab my favorite site (one of the very few with trees for shelter and off the main road for quiet & privacy) and several hours later, pretty much all the sites had been claimed. I went out just before moonrise (86% full) and had Schwabacher Landing all to myself. Well, I had to share it with the bugling elk to the west.

On my departure the next day, I stopped along Flat Creek for some nicely backlit autumnal trees. Since there were no moose where I stopped, there was only 1 other vehicle.





















Oct 06, 2026 at 02:04 PM
kirbic
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Away from the Crowds in the Tetons & Environs


Love the moonlight on the mountains in the first shot. You sure did get "starlinked" which is no surprise since you were shooting not so long after sunset. Relatively easy to get around this by shooting several sub-exposures and stacking. Getting rid of them after the fact in a single exposure is, well, really tedious.


Oct 06, 2026 at 02:58 PM
junglialoh
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Away from the Crowds in the Tetons & Environs


beautiful fall landscape image. especially 2nd one.


Oct 06, 2026 at 04:15 PM
Monika C
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Away from the Crowds in the Tetons & Environs


kirbic wrote:
Love the moonlight on the mountains in the first shot. You sure did get "starlinked" which is no surprise since you were shooting not so long after sunset. Relatively easy to get around this by shooting several sub-exposures and stacking. Getting rid of them after the fact in a single exposure is, well, really tedious.


Yeah, I made the decision to leave Elon's trails in -- not that hard to remove when I've done that in the past (& when there were fewer). Kind of a statement of the times....... I had other shots without and it was kind of a boring sky. Go figure!



Oct 06, 2026 at 04:54 PM







FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account