Very little is known about the soon to be released Sigma 50–120mm f/2.8 for aps-c (75-180mm f/4 ff eq). Could be a bit smaller than a similar full frame lens like the 17-40mm.
First I have heard of this lens, but I think there's a place for this if you shoot people or sports. I recently bought the Sony 50-150 and quickly realized how many shots I was missing with my 70-200. Having 50mm on the wide end has been great so far.
I'm already hooked on the Tamron 35-100/2.8 and it's low distortion and vignetting on the 6700. The 15mm at the wide end mean more to me than the 20 extra at the long end. So it's probably too late. Also, it was supposed to be 50-135. Sometimes, it's like they're not even listening to me.
CJMiller wrote:
First I have heard of this lens, but I think there's a place for this if you shoot people or sports. I recently bought the Sony 50-150 and quickly realized how many shots I was missing with my 70-200. Having 50mm on the wide end has been great so far.
It's supposed to be an APSC lens, so it's more like 75mm on the wide end.