fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

  

Hummers from Rockport

  
 
gmccroskery
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Hummers from Rockport


My wife and I went to the Rockport-Fulton 'Hummerbird Celebration' again this year. This annual event was a couple weeks ago and as always was a wonderful experience -- many, many Hummingbirds. We also attended a presentation put on by 'Wings Rescue Center' which was held in a large Yurt this year -- I will post some of the shots from that in another post.
Meanwhile, here a few of the 'Hummer' shots from the first day.

Greg




  OM-1MarkII     OM 100-400mm F5.0-6.3 II lens    200mm    f/6.3    1/2500s    6400 ISO    0.0 EV  






  OM-1MarkII     OM 100-400mm F5.0-6.3 II lens    400mm    f/6.3    1/2500s    3200 ISO    0.0 EV  






  OM-1MarkII     OM 100-400mm F5.0-6.3 II lens    400mm    f/6.3    1/2500s    5000 ISO    0.0 EV  






  OM-1MarkII     OM 100-400mm F5.0-6.3 II lens    400mm    f/6.3    1/2500s    5000 ISO    0.0 EV  






  OM-1MarkII     OM 40-150mm F2.8 lens    150mm    f/2.8    1/3200s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  




Oct 02, 2026 at 08:45 AM
Ted ellis
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Hummers from Rockport


Greg, #2 and 5 are my favorites. #5 is a killer pose. Excellent series


Oct 02, 2026 at 11:14 AM
morris
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Hummers from Rockport


Nice set Greg. I like the way the bird is in the bright spot in the second as well as how it's naturally framed. That's my faverate. I'm also fond of the pose you captured the last in. Your 40-150mm f 2.8 is a gem yet a bit short for birds.

Morris



Oct 02, 2026 at 12:12 PM
gmccroskery
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Hummers from Rockport


Ted ellis wrote:
Greg, #2 and 5 are my favorites. #5 is a killer pose. Excellent series


Thanks so much for the comment, Ted.

Greg



Oct 02, 2026 at 12:41 PM
gmccroskery
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Hummers from Rockport


morris wrote:
Nice set Greg. I like the way the bird is in the bright spot in the second as well as how it's naturally framed. That's my faverate. I'm also fond of the pose you captured the last in. Your 40-150mm f 2.8 is a gem yet a bit short for birds.

Morris


Thank you Morris.
The 40-150mm is a gem for sure -- one of the best lenses I've owned. It is on the short side for birds, but I was often able to get fairly close to these Hummers. Actually, if I add the 1.4TC, I get an effective FOV with this lens of 420mm @ f4, so it can work well in certain situations.
Thanks again, and I love the Alaska photos you posted.

Greg



Oct 02, 2026 at 12:46 PM







FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account