fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Whats a fun or interesting lens you've adapted or wanted?

  
 
PixiPhotography
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Whats a fun or interesting lens you've adapted or wanted?



I was thinking about how there were such different types of lenses back in the F-mount days. But to be honest, this was the first time I've run across a PC lens. I'm assuming it works entirely different to a Tilt-Shift? Very interesting. And this is the lens that I'd like to try one day. Yours?

















Oct 02, 2026 at 12:36 AM
EB-1
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Whats a fun or interesting lens you've adapted or wanted?


Those were shift lenses only, no tilting.
I have the Contax-Zeiss 35/2.8 PC Distagon around somewhere; it is also shift only.
Unfortunately the older PC or TS lenses are not so great when heavily shifted and they don't shift as much as modern lenses either.

EBH



Oct 02, 2026 at 12:53 AM
shinyobject
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Whats a fun or interesting lens you've adapted or wanted?


I remember reading a review of a Voigtländer 35/1.2. Apparently it was a pretty bad lens and they discontinued it, but I sure would enjoy using a manual focus 35/1.2 on my Nikon Z that is smaller than Nikon’s AF version. I don’t have Leica money either. Fortunately there is the 40/1.2 which is on my list!


Oct 02, 2026 at 04:21 AM
Ripolini
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Whats a fun or interesting lens you've adapted or wanted?


This lens was fun to use with my Nikon FM & F-801 around 30 years ago:
https://www.peleng8.com/review-of-belomo-mc-peleng-17mm-f28-fisheye-for-full-frames.html
I bought it with F-mount.





Nikon F-801 w/Belomo MC Peleng 17mm f2.8 @ f/5.6-8, 1/125 s, Fujichrome Velvia 50



Oct 02, 2026 at 06:00 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

PixiPhotography
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Whats a fun or interesting lens you've adapted or wanted?


Ripolini wrote:

This lens was fun to use with my Nikon FM & F-801 around 30 years ago:
https://www.peleng8.com/review-of-belomo-mc-peleng-17mm-f28-fisheye-for-full-frames.html
I bought it with F-mount.

https://s1.directupload.eu/images/user/261002/oul6q6k7.jpg


https://s1.directupload.eu/images/user/261002/zjrfngsy.jpg


Nikon F-801 w/Belomo MC Peleng 17mm f2.8 @ f/5.6-8, 1/125 s, Fujichrome Velvia 50


Wow, thats so interesting. I like that look. I did a double look, thought that was a Zf at first



Oct 02, 2026 at 02:42 PM
EB-1
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Whats a fun or interesting lens you've adapted or wanted?


Is that a Chinese version of a Russian lens or Russian version of a Chinese lens?
I doubt it was as good as the standard 16/2.8 AI-S fisheye.

EBH



Oct 02, 2026 at 04:10 PM
Ripolini
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Whats a fun or interesting lens you've adapted or wanted?


It's a Russian lens.
Obviously it wasn't as good as the 16/2.8 AI-S, but it costed one third.



Oct 02, 2026 at 04:43 PM







FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account