Nikon D70 seems to give me the “Err” message whenever I shoot a photo, but only when the photo is taken at a flat landscape orientation. it fails to take a picture in said orientation, cycles mirror/shutter, then fails again, but when it is in any other orientation (ex: vertical/portrait as shown), it will take the photo fine.
I have tried changing memory cards, cleaning lens contacts, changing lenses (Sigma 28-80mm, Nikkor 18-70mm, Nikkor 18-55mm that all have been tested to work on other cameras), resetting settings using both the button at the bottom and the “two green buttons”, as well as changing/recharging the battery, but nothing has worked. I am open to any and all other suggestions.
It might be the card reader...I have a D70S and towards the end of its life I had to eject and reinsert the memory card but it would randomly have that issue.