fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

BTS and final ads of a commercial project I shot on Nikon

  
 
sungphoto
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · BTS and final ads of a commercial project I shot on Nikon


Earlier this year, one of my clients asked me to photograph Mariners player Cal Raleigh for an ad campaign. I decided to use the Z9 and 24-120 f4 S for all of the studio images (and the 24-70 f2.8 S for the set stills indoors). They used the images in OOH, bus wraps, online etc. This is a video of the ferry terminal ads, which were my favorite execution (that’s me at the end):



For the lighting nerds, we built an outdoor studio in the driveway next door to the location the commercial was being filmed, essentially a huge black box made of duvetyne sheets. The shot list had a variety of dynamic and static shots so we brought a lot of strobes, that enabled me to shoot at f11 for plenty of depth of field. As I recall, we used 2 pro-11 packs with two heads each, one for the two background strip boxes, and the other two in 60” umbrellas shooting through a 12x12 ft single stop diffusion for fill, another umbrella boomed overhead in a D2 500, another D2 in a gridded 4ft octa for key, and a B10 in 2 ft collapsible beauty dish handheld for spot fill (hats/helmets tend to cast a shadow). Here's a little behind the scenes clip:



I had been tempted to shoot it with a rental GFX100ii (as I’d had really liked work I’d shot for this client in the past on a GFX100S) but ultimately the Z9 was plenty of megapickles for the job. Very happy with how the colors reproduced in print.



Sep 28, 2026 at 03:54 PM
asdfghreturns
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · BTS and final ads of a commercial project I shot on Nikon


False advertising - I don't see any Kpop stars! J/k


Sep 29, 2026 at 12:27 AM
sungphoto
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · BTS and final ads of a commercial project I shot on Nikon


Ha maybe next time I go back to Seoul

asdfghreturns wrote:
False advertising - I don't see any Kpop stars! J/k




Sep 29, 2026 at 01:53 AM
sungphoto
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · BTS and final ads of a commercial project I shot on Nikon





















Oct 04, 2026 at 08:25 PM







FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account