fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource
  

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

  

My photos of players during the national anthem always look awkward

  
 
Graham_216
Online
•
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · My photos of players during the national anthem always look awkward


My photos of players watching the flag during the national anthem always look awkward or have little to no motivation behind them. Heres one from the last game I shot. Anyone have any advice? Im there shooting for a newspaper



© Graham_216 2026




Sep 28, 2026 at 03:23 PM
schlotz
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · My photos of players during the national anthem always look awkward


First thing I'd suggest is eliminate a bunch of negative space via cropping. Pull the top left corner in and down until the top of the frame is just above the Varsity Field Board. Player on the far right is distracting would probably move a bit to the left to reframe the shot. Can't say I've ever captured one of these that actually brought out emotion. The players are usually getting their minds zeroed in on the game at hand.


Sep 28, 2026 at 03:41 PM
Legndz
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · My photos of players during the national anthem always look awkward


Ive tried to get different shots during the anthem. I see a lot of the other photographers getting the same shots so I move around get some different perspectives. I shoot a lot of wide angles and incorporate the sky and clouds in to help make it a little more dramatic.


Sep 29, 2026 at 04:14 PM







FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account