fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

  

Ruby Throated Hummingbirds

  
 
morris
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Ruby Throated Hummingbirds


It was a very dark mid afternoon when I visited Kissena Park looking for the Ruby Throated Hummingbirds that frequent the Jewelweed that blooms this time of year. I was walking through the valley heading to the stream which is where photographers usually gather to photograph them. Both sides of the trail in the valley were covered with Jewelweed and I kept seeing hummers as I walked along. Then just before the trail to the stream, I came apron two woman looking at the Jewelweed and when they saw me they signaled for me to come to them. They said there are so many hummingbirds this year and I agreed because of what I observed. They said there was a constant stream of them coming to the spot we were and I photographed a few hand held before setting up my tripod and staying there as I cold get a nice light angle. It was quite dark with the heavy clouds from the approaching North Easter so I shot with a high ISO knowing that the soft light would be great for my photos. I staid for a few hours leaving about 30 minutes before sunset as it was so dark that the best photos had already happened.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris





1)

  X-H2S    XF500mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/2700s    6400 ISO    +0.3 EV  







2)

  X-H2S    XF500mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/500s    6400 ISO    +0.7 EV  







3)

  X-H2S    XF500mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/2200s    6400 ISO    +0.7 EV  







4)

  X-H2S    XF500mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/1400s    6400 ISO    +0.3 EV  







5)

  X-H2S    XF500mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/220s    6400 ISO    -0.3 EV  







6)

  X-H2S    XF500mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/240s    6400 ISO    -0.3 EV  




Sep 28, 2026 at 10:40 AM
Ed Porter
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Ruby Throated Hummingbirds


Very nice set, Morris. A difficult subject and you handled it with ease. Well done!
Favorites are subjective, but #6 trips my trigger.



Sep 28, 2026 at 11:35 AM
louie champan
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Ruby Throated Hummingbirds


Well done Morrie, great set.


Sep 28, 2026 at 01:12 PM
Joe Mags
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Ruby Throated Hummingbirds


Wow these are fantastic. #2 is an absolute wall hanger. I hope to get something like that someday.


Sep 28, 2026 at 05:18 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

kdacharya
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Ruby Throated Hummingbirds


lovely series Morris.


Sep 28, 2026 at 07:46 PM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Ruby Throated Hummingbirds


Very lovey Morris. I am surprised they have not started the migration yet !

Birdie



Sep 28, 2026 at 07:49 PM
MorrieC
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Ruby Throated Hummingbirds


These are beautiful. Very nicely done Morris


Sep 28, 2026 at 08:04 PM
johnohio
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Ruby Throated Hummingbirds


Hey Morris. Good for you on finding these holdouts.I look forward to the jewelweed bloom every year. Numbers 3,4 &6 are my favorites.

John



Sep 29, 2026 at 07:31 AM







FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account