fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource
  

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

  

New perspective for me on the softball pitcher

  
 
crteach
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · New perspective for me on the softball pitcher


Tried something new in this shot ... usually I'm standing behind the backstop taking full body shots of the pitcher (or going for a frozen ball shot). In this one, I decided to try a little tighter crop. Some of that was because the 300 was a bit long for this situation and I didn't think the 100-500 would give me the background look I wanted. See what you think.







Sep 28, 2026 at 08:02 AM
Legndz
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · New perspective for me on the softball pitcher


I have shot this a couple times for clients that requested this image. If you really want to make a great picture try to get the ball in focus halfway to the catcher so the pitcher and catcher are both oof and the ball is tack sharp.


Sep 30, 2026 at 03:15 PM
joesfbay
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · New perspective for me on the softball pitcher


Also try to get the bat and the umpire in the shot. The pitcher is sharp. The batter, bat and umpire forms a blurred v-shape framing the pitcher. You may like it.


Sep 30, 2026 at 03:49 PM
crteach
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · New perspective for me on the softball pitcher


Legndz wrote:
I have shot this a couple times for clients that requested this image. If you really want to make a great picture try to get the ball in focus halfway to the catcher so the pitcher and catcher are both oof and the ball is tack sharp.


Yes, the frozen ball shot is always good and I have done those before. Fun to capture it just right!




Sep 30, 2026 at 03:56 PM







FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account