fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

  

Lake of the Clouds rainy fall sunrise.

  
 
Marc04
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Lake of the Clouds rainy fall sunrise.


It was an eventful morning at Lake of the Clouds. I got to the parking lot well before sunrise and I started to notice the sky lighting up already so I hurried to get to the overlook.

I set up my camera and discovered that I did not have my current SD card. I rummaged through my bag and found an almost full card so I frantically started to delete files that were no good. I did end up finding another small card that was empty so I ended up using that.

Next I felt a misty rain start and looking to the southwest I could see that heavier rain was coming quickly so I hurried back to the truck as the rain got heavier to grab my umbrella and shove my camera bag back into the truck.

Then I finally was able to set up my gear again and carefully hold my umbrella the whole time I was out while the back of my legs were getting soaked by the rain.

I haven't been doing a lot of photography over the last several years but mornings like today are very memorable and rewarding. I guess I need to get back out and do it more.

Lake of the Clouds by Marc Schultz, on Flickr



Sep 27, 2026 at 07:11 PM
junglialoh
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Lake of the Clouds rainy fall sunrise.


beautiful scenery view from infamous place


Sep 27, 2026 at 07:28 PM
GoodEgg
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Lake of the Clouds rainy fall sunrise.


Marc, I'll bet your experience took your breath away. Worth getting soaked.

junglialoh -- infamous, like Donner Pass?



Sep 28, 2026 at 12:45 AM
Marc04
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Lake of the Clouds rainy fall sunrise.


Yes, it was one of those mornings for sure and it is not the first time I've had that experience at Lake of the Clouds.



Sep 28, 2026 at 02:16 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

adventure_photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Lake of the Clouds rainy fall sunrise.


That's a stunning image! Well done, great light, composition, processing, etc.!


Sep 28, 2026 at 03:41 PM
Monika C
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Lake of the Clouds rainy fall sunrise.


Definitely worth the trouble! Wonderful light.


Sep 28, 2026 at 08:48 PM
Marc04
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Lake of the Clouds rainy fall sunrise.


Thanks all. Hoping to chase the light for at least part of this weekend too, but I also have a lot of work to do at my northern Wisconsin camp.


Oct 02, 2026 at 12:20 PM







FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account