fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Bringing the X-H1 back into service.

  
 
MattStevens
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Bringing the X-H1 back into service.


I have an X-H I could never part with because of it's superb egos, controls and excellent image files. I've have long since moved on to Nikon Z8 gear for my commercial and arty work. But, I've been playing with the X-H1 recently and have decided to put it back into service and make it my EDC camera. Does anyone else use an X-H1 in 2026?


Sep 25, 2026 at 04:32 PM
Nielk Mike
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Bringing the X-H1 back into service.


No, not the X-H, but many third generation bodies (X-T3, X-E3, X-Pro3). And still my good old Sony a6500. Image quality is no worse than with the latest hardware. The main reason for me to get the X-E5 was the 40MP sensor. But a 2x crop is 3800 pixels (long side) while the 26Mp sensor gives 3200. Both very usable. So I sold the X-E5 again. The one thing I miss is in-body cropping.


Sep 26, 2026 at 02:05 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Bringing the X-H1 back into service.


It's just a camera. Use what makes you happy.


Sep 26, 2026 at 09:57 AM
MattStevens
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Bringing the X-H1 back into service.


RoamingScott wrote:
It's just a camera. Use what makes you happy.


Yup... That's the whole point; the X-H1 is a fun camera to use.



Sep 26, 2026 at 12:44 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Bringing the X-H1 back into service.


I still have prints from the X-H1 hanging in my home. Maybe the most comfortable camera to hold and use ever made.


Sep 26, 2026 at 12:58 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

liggy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Bringing the X-H1 back into service.


Slightly regret selling the X-H1. Loved the shutter button. Images from the 24mp sensor were always pleasing to my eye.

Felt like the best built Fuji body period.

More solid feeling than the XE, XT and GFX and XH2 for that matter. Unsure if that really matters or not but it was something I enjoyed about the X-H1.





Sep 26, 2026 at 01:07 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Bringing the X-H1 back into service.


liggy wrote:
Slightly regret selling the X-H1. Loved the shutter button. Images from the 24mp sensor were always pleasing to my eye.

Felt like the best built Fuji body period.

More solid feeling than the XE, XT and GFX and XH2 for that matter. Unsure if that really matters or not but it was something I enjoyed about the X-H1.



I agree with all of this beyond the regret of selling it. It was a great camera at the time, but I get better images with my Zf. The X-H1 paved the way for IBIS, but the unit was glitchy/stuttery in the same way that the X100VI is.



Sep 26, 2026 at 01:13 PM
liggy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Bringing the X-H1 back into service.


RoamingScott wrote:
I agree with all of this beyond the regret of selling it. It was a great camera at the time, but I get better images with my Zf. The X-H1 paved the way for IBIS, but the unit was glitchy/stuttery in the same way that the X100VI is.


Yep - as much as I appreciated what the X-H1 brought to the party it didn’t get used once I got my grubby little mitts on an A1.

Same form factor(ish), weight etc. but a huge difference in performance.




Sep 26, 2026 at 02:00 PM
snowblind-2
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Bringing the X-H1 back into service.


I use 2 of them.

My XH1s were replacements for a Canon 5D3 and were a HUGE upgrade over that camera. The IBIS alone was worth the costs. I also bought my XH1s for $1000usd each with vertical grip. Really unbelievable value at the time.

I rent Sony's for certain commercial jobs where I want the insurance of high megapixels and full-frame wide angle coverage but for everything else I use the Fujis. I find the fujis produce exceptional macro images using adapted Canon EF lenses.


Matt



Oct 02, 2026 at 03:45 PM







FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account