fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

  

Italian Architecture Farm

  
 
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Italian Architecture Farm


This farm is West of me...Italian architecture.
Dan

















Sep 22, 2026 at 01:24 PM
jgurbisz
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Italian Architecture Farm


Great stone farmhouse! I wonder what's in that boarded up third story? I like the color photo best.


Sep 22, 2026 at 06:26 PM
RWNPhoto
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Italian Architecture Farm


Much prefer the 2nd one as opposed to the 1st... but I'm old


Sep 22, 2026 at 06:41 PM
citizenkang
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Italian Architecture Farm


Love how the clouds are sitting in the colored one. Where was this taken?


Sep 23, 2026 at 12:33 AM
douter
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Italian Architecture Farm


That be a tall stack of stone, Dan'l! I envisioned it on a barren hill, with only fallow fields as far as the eye could see, though.
Douglas



Sep 23, 2026 at 06:28 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Italian Architecture Farm


jgurbisz wrote:
Great stone farmhouse! I wonder what's in that boarded up third story? I like the color photo best.

It was a beautiful early Spring day "jg"!

I wondered what the 3rd floor was being used as also.

THis farm-house "stands out" among the large farm homes surrounding it!
Thanks!
Dan




Sep 23, 2026 at 10:49 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Italian Architecture Farm


RWNPhoto wrote:
Much prefer the 2nd one as opposed to the 1st... but I'm old


Your preference is fine "Mich" To each his own.
Thanks for stopping by!
Dan




Sep 23, 2026 at 10:51 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Italian Architecture Farm


citizenkang wrote:
Love how the clouds are sitting in the colored one. Where was this taken?

Fullerton, Balto. County?

This is located in Frederick County on Rt 85 between Buckeystown and Dickerson, MD.

Yes the day WAS beautiful!! The clouds and the shadows were exquisite!
Thanks!
Dan



Edited on Sep 23, 2026 at 11:00 AM · View previous versions



Sep 23, 2026 at 10:56 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Italian Architecture Farm


douter wrote:
That be a tall stack of stone, Dan'l! I envisioned it on a barren hill, with only fallow fields as far as the eye could see, though.
Douglas

Indeed Douglas...Stands out like a "sore thumb" among the old fashioned wood farm house that dot the area.

The wood scroll work around the roof line was beautiful but needed some work and paint.

It sits on a large hill with nothing but farm land surrounding it.
Thanks!
Dan'l




Sep 23, 2026 at 10:59 AM
photonoclast
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · Italian Architecture Farm


Great find & images!
Back in the day it seems there was so much more variety in houses... people weren't afraid of building something eccentric.



Sep 26, 2026 at 09:05 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · Italian Architecture Farm


photonoclast wrote:
Great find & images!
Back in the day it seems there was so much more variety in houses... people weren't afraid of building something eccentric.

This farm sits dead center into a huge agricultural area. The "standard" wood 2-3 story farm house is what is around Maryland.

This sits on a hill and you instantly see it as you drive by.

The owner was not there when I took all my photos so I don't know the history.
I need to find that out!
Thanks!
Dan




Sep 26, 2026 at 11:29 AM
taildraggin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Italian Architecture Farm


A great find and nice pics. It looks like the left part (antebellum) was built first, then the tower, possibly after the war? Looks like a summer kitchen was added to the back.
The histories of landed NoVa, MD and Southern Pa...



Sep 27, 2026 at 09:40 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · Italian Architecture Farm


Thanks Steven!
I wanted to talk to the owner but he/she was not there. The rear of the stone structure had, yes a kitchen added on. We call them "mud rooms" around here.Then there was an "out building" behind that. You see that in #1

The barn seen in #3 had a corner stone with 1889 etched into it.
Thanks Steven!
Dan



Sep 27, 2026 at 11:38 AM
jowul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · Italian Architecture Farm


Danpbphoto wrote:
This farm is West of me...Italian architecture.
Dan


We have a few similar farm houses in that style here in Ontario, Dan. Particularly when you go further West, towards, Woodstock/London Ontario. They also use a lot of yellow type bricks, probably because the founder of the regional brick plant was from Northern Germany.
Joachim.



Sep 27, 2026 at 12:42 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · Italian Architecture Farm


jowul wrote:
We have a few similar farm houses in that style here in Ontario, Dan. Particularly when you go further West, towards, Woodstock/London Ontario. They also use a lot of yellow type bricks, probably because the founder of the regional brick plant was from Northern Germany.
Joachim.

I had very close musician friends living, and still do, in Oakville and visited them often years gone by.....I NEVER got "out". Time was fleeting. I would have wanted to cruz your countryside Joachim.

Thanks for that little "tid-bit" of history because here in my area, our soil is very unique and bricks are still made with it.."Frederick reds".....not so much now because it has become scarce and VERY expensive per block! I believe only 1 plant has survived in 200 years.
Thanks!
Dan







all natural light..














Sep 27, 2026 at 01:31 PM







FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account