Looks like they are telling us that October is just around the corner my friend. Love the pinks in the Lotus flower!
Something tells me we are in for a long Winter, these are a current breath of fresh air
Karl Witt wrote:
Looks like they are telling us that October is just around the corner my friend. Love the pinks in the Lotus flower!
Something tells me we are in for a long Winter, these are a current breath of fresh air
Karl
This was last week..Friday I think Karl.
It was in the 80's yesterday but today...cold rain and 60F.
douter wrote:
...and these are in the "wild"? Happy Autumn!
Douglas
Well "wild" might be a stretch Douglas......There is Carroll Creek that runs directly through the main street in town. In the summer the city fills the creek with plants and sculptures(see my many other Carroll Creek posts).
Around Thanksgiving the creek becomes the "Winter Sail Festival" "Model boats of all sorts line the entire creek until February.
This park gives me a reason to get out when time and wife(caregiver) allow me.
Thanks brother! Love Fall!
Dan'l
Sailing Through Winter Solstice begins December 2026
I probably got the last of real look while they are in bloom.
The waterlilies are removed and stored for the Winter displays on and in the creek. The "Winter Sail-In".
A cold nasty wet rainy day today! A Nor-easter blew in 2 days ago and we went from hot to cold in 24 hrs.
Thanks!
Dan
adventure_photo wrote:
Beautiful set Dan, I like the punchy color and variety!
Many thanks brother!
It was a real surprise when I was out testing a new(used) lens!
The last 2 days have said good bye to summer...had to turn on the heat to get the "chill off" this morning but it has turned out to be a beautiful day.
Danpbphoto wrote:
Many thanks brother!
It was a real surprise when I was out testing a new(used) lens!
The last 2 days have said good bye to summer...had to turn on the heat to get the "chill off" this morning but it has turned out to be a beautiful day.
Snow yet?
Dan
Yeah itβs getting chilly around here too brother, but not any snow yet. Maybe next week though!
Yes our nighttime temps are beautiful! 40's-low 50" and I can open a window! I am a cold weather person.
I can see the migration of those "creatures" requiring warmth from the South as they stop by to fill up" with "fuel" for the next leg of the journey!
I have a window open and a ceiling fan on all year! Especially winter....
Thanks Scott!
Dan