fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

       2       end
  

Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls

  
 
jaggedhorizon
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


Congratulations to jaggedhorizon for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 8 votes - View Previous Winners


Here's a brief selection from a 3-week trip to Indonesia. As usual, I combined a family holiday with photo outings.


Fog rising in the plains below Mount Batur, Bali
(pretty much everyone had left after the sunrise, I just kept photographing this amazing scenery in the valley)


Slice of dawn, taken from the crater rim at Mount Rinjani

(we walked up 2000m to get there, with our 5-year old, who became the mascot of all the guides and porters as he was by far the youngest kid there)


Sunset with boat, on Flores island
(less hard work to get this one!)


Rinjani crater, again


Tukad Cepung waterfall, Bali. Got here later than I wanted as my alarm didn't go off, but still managed to get 10 minutes with no other tourists.


Tiu Kelep waterfall, Lombok. 45 minute hike, partly through water. Evening light, we thought we'd be the last there but two other small groups turned up while we were leaving.


Gili Trawangan sunrise


Sunset from Bukit Merese, Lombok


Another one of fog lifting, from the top of Mt Batur






Aug 25, 2026 at 04:59 PM
vibgyor
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


Beautiful landscapes, well captured.


Aug 25, 2026 at 05:05 PM
Lee Saxon
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


All winners, great job


Aug 25, 2026 at 05:22 PM
gregfountain
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


Great set! Love the different looks and all are skillfully captured and presented!

Greg



Aug 25, 2026 at 07:20 PM
Fred Amico
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


Excellent set - well done!


Aug 25, 2026 at 09:43 PM
Bernard Wolf
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


Great collection of quality images.


Aug 25, 2026 at 10:55 PM
Alpunto
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


Yo have taken some impressives shots! Amazing work.


Aug 26, 2026 at 02:21 AM
Creative Edge
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


Beautiful series, thanks for sharing


Aug 26, 2026 at 12:43 PM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


Cedric, what an amazing set with some spectacular light, well done!


Aug 26, 2026 at 01:48 PM
jaggedhorizon
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


vibgyor wrote:
Beautiful landscapes, well captured.


Many thanks - indeed a country of many beautiful landscapes!
---------------------------------------------

Lee Saxon wrote:
All winners, great job


Many thanks Lee! Fortunately it didn't feel like a job
---------------------------------------------

gregfountain wrote:
Great set! Love the different looks and all are skillfully captured and presented!

Greg


Thank you very much! I like to explore different types of looks, depending on what I see and how I feel that day.
---------------------------------------------

Fred Amico wrote:
Excellent set - well done!


Many thanks Fred!
---------------------------------------------

Bernard Wolf wrote:
Great collection of quality images.


Thank you Bernard!
---------------------------------------------

Alpunto wrote:
Yo have taken some impressives shots! Amazing work.


Many thanks, much appreciated!
---------------------------------------------

Creative Edge wrote:
Beautiful series, thanks for sharing


Always a pleasure to share things here, and also a bit humbling as there are so many great photographers on this forum.
---------------------------------------------

Ross Martin wrote:
Cedric, what an amazing set with some spectacular light, well done!


Lots of thanks Ross! Yes I was lucky with the light in a few places, tried to make the most of it.




Aug 27, 2026 at 03:35 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

adventure_photo
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


Excellent set, all very nice! I really enjoyed the boat image in particular!


Aug 27, 2026 at 03:58 PM
jgurbisz
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


That shot of Rinjani Crater is bonkers! Very impressive set all around.


Aug 27, 2026 at 06:30 PM
jm10_former
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


Very nice collection Cedric! I like them all.

jacob



Aug 27, 2026 at 07:18 PM
pbraymond
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


Beautiful collection all the way around!


Aug 28, 2026 at 08:27 AM
dakel
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


You've managed to put together some fantastic photography together in this set. I also try to combine photography with family trips and it's not easy, so well done!


Aug 31, 2026 at 11:10 AM
jaggedhorizon
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


adventure_photo wrote:
Excellent set, all very nice! I really enjoyed the boat image in particular!


Many thanks! The boat image is a good photographic story... we had arrived at our hotel late afternoon, the light didn't seem great but I noticed an opening below the clouds and kept hoping that they'll light up as the sun went down... in the meantime I experimented with angles and exposure times, and by the time the clouds got more colorful I had the combination right and one of the waves cooperated, and here we are.

---------------------------------------------

jgurbisz wrote:
That shot of Rinjani Crater is bonkers! Very impressive set all around.


Thank you, I really appreciate that! I kept waiting for the right light to get the layers more clearly separated.

---------------------------------------------

jm10_former wrote:
Very nice collection Cedric! I like them all.

jacob



Many thanks Jacob!
---------------------------------------------

pbraymond wrote:
Beautiful collection all the way around!


Thank you Raymond!

---------------------------------------------

dakel wrote:
You've managed to put together some fantastic photography together in this set. I also try to combine photography with family trips and it's not easy, so well done!


Much appreciated! I am lucky with a family that accepts my passion, but I know what you mean, we also want to do things together, I can't always disappear for photos. Fortunately, my wife and son are also obliging models when I want to switch from landscapes.




Sep 01, 2026 at 11:43 AM
Mark Metternich
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


WOW YES!!!! What a fabulous display of images! Incredible! What a please to view. Thank you for sharing them with us!


Sep 02, 2026 at 11:18 AM
mskb01
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


Love the Bukit Merese, Lombok photo! Thanks for sharing!


Sep 02, 2026 at 01:45 PM
CA_Fstop
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


Cedric, excellent set and well deserved FTW..... thanks for sharing.


Sep 06, 2026 at 03:19 PM
clk11211
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · Indonesia - fog, dawn and dusk, waterfalls


All of these photos are spectacular


Sep 07, 2026 at 11:11 AM
       2       end






FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

       2       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account