and his flash photography of hummers many years ago posted on this site?
With his multiple flashes and background sets, I thought his in-flight shots were the best I had ever seen at that time. I would like to see those images again, but my search could find none, nor an active website for him.
https://web.archive.org has 33 snapshots of his Pbase account https://pbase.com/keithrankin. Text only, almost no thumbnail images load. It appears the last snapshot that shows a full gallery of albums was in 2016. The next snapshot in 2020 reveals all albums had been removed, as is currently the case when you visit his Pbase account directly.
It appears he was the founder of pixel-shooter forums (I wasn't familiar with it) and there are some snapshots of it between ~2006-2012. I didn't dig into that, therefore did not see any photos.
Snapshots of his Pbase profile provide at least three different email addresses, if you wish to try sending a message.
A quick Legacy search did not reveal any Canadian obits for 'Keith' Rankin, though it's not clear what the 'J' in J Keith Rankin stood for, as there were some Johns, etc., but none that also included Keith as a common name or nickname.
I knew Keith back when I lived in Alberta, but I haven't been in touch with him for a long time now. At the time, he was a manager with Alberta Treasury Branches (now ATB Financial) as his "day job". A quick Google search shows he's currently still with ATB and lives in Edmonton, AB.