p.1 #1 · FS: Vintage Bell & Howell 70 16mm Camera w/ Taylor-Hobson Cooke Lenses & Original Case
Vintage Bell & Howell 70 16mm Camera w/ Taylor-Hobson Cooke Lenses & Original Case
Available
Price: $500.00 Payment method: PayPal Item condition: 8 Well used - may exhibit "dings" or finish marks Shipping instructions: Paid by buyer, or meet locally in the vicinity of a line drawn from Boston, MA to Portland, ME to Burlington, VT. Or I will be driving from Portland, ME to Denver, CO starting 07 Aug and will deliver along that route on my schedule.
This will be the first of a number of listings for me. I have browsed FM since the 2000's which also happens to be soon after I started collecting a whole bunch of cameras I now admit I never used. This one is the best of the bunch.
I admit I used AI to help write this description as it is way quicker. Please ask any additional questions you like.
Regarding photos: I spent a bunch of time uploading the photos and video only to be told they exceed the maximum size. Once again I asked AI this time to make a collage of the photos I took. If you are interested I will send the originals; AI has an awful tendency to make edits even if you ask it not to! I did not ask it to make it look like photos clipped to a wall either. Sheesh. And FM size limits are not helpful.
Note that I gave this an 8, but have not spent enough time on the sell forum to have a good grasp of community ratings.
Lastly, any advice from seasoned posters here is welcome. Thank you!
A beautiful, original Bell & Howell 70-series 16mm motion picture camera bundle from the late 1920s/early 1930s. This complete time-capsule kit includes the iconic 3-lens turret and the original leather carrying case with a gorgeous green velvet interior.
This is a fantastic find for vintage camera collectors looking for a stunning display piece, or for modern digital filmmakers looking to adapt classic, character-rich Taylor-Hobson Cooke cinema glass (the legendary "Cooke Look") to modern mirrorless systems.
What’s Included & Lens Conditions:
The three C-mount lenses included on the turret are:
Cooke Filmo Special 1-inch (25mm) f/1.8 (Made by Taylor-Hobson England): The highly sought-after, fast "normal" lens.
Taylor-Hobson Cooke Teleking Anastigmat 3 3/4-inch (~95mm) f/3.3 (No. 188057): A beautiful vintage telephoto cinema lens.
Taylor-Hobson (No. 201548): Included in the bundle, but currently in poor condition. Best suited for parts, repair, or keeping on the turret for historical display.
Note: The lenses have not been professionally cleaned or bench-tested. Buyers adapting to digital sensors should expect to do a standard CLA (Clean, Lubricate, Adjust).
Camera Body Condition:
The camera body itself is in excellent cosmetic condition for its age. The spring motor winds, and the mechanism turns when activated. However, because it is nearly a century old, it has not been film-tested for exact speed accuracy. It is being sold "as-is" and would likely need a professional lubrication before shooting actual 16mm film.
Case Condition:
Includes the original hard leather carrying case. The leather shows expected age and wear on the exterior, but the internal green velvet compartments are beautifully preserved and hold the camera perfectly.
Shipping & Pickup:
Carefully packed and shipped with full insurance to ensure it arrives exactly as pictured. Local pickup is also available if you are in or around the Yarmouth area.
Please reach out with any questions or if you need additional photos of the glass!