fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

  

Sold: Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM – front-element abrasion – $550...

  
 
rwindel
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Sold: Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM – front-element abrasion – $550 shipped


     Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM

Sold


Price: $550.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks


Selling a long-forgotten Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II we just found while cleaning out some old camera bags. The lens is fully functional and performs properly. Autofocus is fast and accurate, the zoom and focus rings operate smoothly, and the aperture functions normally.

As clearly shown in the photos, there is an area of abrasion/fine scratching on the front element. I tested the lens at f/22 against a plain blue sky and in a bright, detailed interior scene (my kitchen), trying to make the abrasion produce a visible artifact. I could not find any evidence of it in either image. The two test frames are included here with the listing. If you want me to test it against another subject / background just say the word.

All that said, the abrasion is real and plainly visible when examining the lens, and I cannot guarantee that it would never produce flare or reduced contrast under particularly harsh backlighting. I am disclosing it fully and pricing the lens substantially below clean examples.

The body and hood show normal signs of use. Includes the Canon hood and front/rear caps. No pouch and no box.

Price: $550 shipped and insured within the continental US. Payment via PayPal. I'll cover the G&S fee.











































Aug 03, 2026 at 09:03 PM







FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account