fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       21              23       end
  

Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)

  
 
newyork
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #1 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


Seen it happen to my own despite me actively hitting public. They came back.

I’m seeing them all across the forum from all different people.

Also happening when ppl have linked them to me on social media to Flickr

RoamingScott wrote:
Yeah I see a bunch of squares from y'all too, it's really annoying. I'll put a support ticket with them. Might be because my pics default to private (though linking them never broke before).

I made them public, now about now?




Sep 23, 2026 at 07:37 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #2 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


newyork wrote:
Seen it happen to my own despite me actively hitting public. They came back.

I’m seeing them all across the forum from all different people.



I've been wondering how bad it is...people keep "liking" photos I share, so I just assumed they were seeing them and not being nice out of pity

I've noticed that FM in general has a lot more Cloudflare/anti-DDoS type stuff happening and have suspected that as the cause.



Sep 23, 2026 at 07:38 PM
Jack Flesher
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.22 #3 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


RoamingScott wrote:
Yeah I see a bunch of squares from y'all too, it's really annoying. I'll put a support ticket with them. Might be because my pics default to private (though linking them never broke before).

I made them public, now about now?


Still broke for me



Sep 23, 2026 at 07:46 PM
newyork
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #4 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)









Sep 23, 2026 at 09:36 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #5 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


Nice blue square you captured there, Rich


Sep 23, 2026 at 09:55 PM
stephenjohnsonn
Offline
•
[X]
p.22 #6 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


I’ve been pretty impressed with what Viltrox has been putting out lately, especially considering the prices. The 135 LAB in particular looks like a really interesting lens. That f/1.8 sharpness is pretty crazy.

I’ve been using the Viltrox 14mm on my Sony and honestly have been really happy with it so far. It’s a fun lens to have for wider shots, especially for landscapes and architecture. I’ll have to dig through some of my shots and post a few here.



Sep 23, 2026 at 10:14 PM
Jack Flesher
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.22 #7 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


RoamingScott wrote:
[lens redacted] all wide open - lots to pixel peep for the more curious among us :



Looks sweet! 35/1.4? 40/1.4? Pro??



Sep 23, 2026 at 10:18 PM
SiMuMe
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #8 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


RoamingScott wrote:
Yeah I see a bunch of squares from y'all too, it's really annoying. I'll put a support ticket with them. Might be because my pics default to private (though linking them never broke before).

I made them public, now about now?


Looks good. The issue has reached the Southern Hemisphere . I don't think it's a public vs private issue either. My own linked pictures were blue squares last night.



Sep 23, 2026 at 11:47 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #9 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


[redacted] bokeh torture test wide open. at this point, I don't think we are ever going to see a Viltrox lens that doesn't suffer from overlapping specular highlights (see last detail photo) in midrange bokeh.

I see some green fringing, but more well controlled than the native Z lens in this category. Bokeh shapes are certainly more well controlled than some in the EVO line as well.


























Sep 24, 2026 at 01:01 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #10 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


One more for now. [redacted] vs its closest rival in the market from a specs perspective. The Viltrox is about half a stop darker at wide open from a T Stop perspective.

Viltrox







Competitor







The Viltrox demonstrates some interesting color ghosting that its competitor controls better. This is the 3rd time in early testing I've seen the Viltrox do this with a vivid color on a high contrast edge. The competitor controls this better, but it manifests more as typical fringe, though blueish.

Viltrox







Competitor








Sep 24, 2026 at 01:53 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Jack Flesher
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.22 #11 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


RoamingScott wrote:
[redacted] bokeh torture test wide open. at this point, I don't think we are ever going to see a Viltrox lens that doesn't suffer from overlapping specular highlights (see last detail photo) in midrange bokeh.

I see some green fringing, but more well controlled than the native Z lens in this category. Bokeh shapes are certainly more well controlled than some in the EVO line as well.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55549010480_3a6d26049d_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55548795354_bdc860691e_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55548734333_da3309ed70_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55548638296_f1f08872cd_o.jpg


I actually like the fact it shows some "swirl." I know that's not a traditionally accepted good bokeh trait, but I happen to like it. If it's a 35 or 40 and available for Sony, I'm probably buying one



Sep 24, 2026 at 02:37 PM
Lightsearcher
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.22 #12 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


I had the issue of broken links from pictures posted from Flickr, I Googled it and found a tutorial, changed the setting in my computer, now I can see the posts.

Marcelo



Sep 24, 2026 at 02:49 PM
Zmounter
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #13 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


RoamingScott wrote:
[redacted] bokeh torture test wide open. at this point, I don't think we are ever going to see a Viltrox lens that doesn't suffer from overlapping specular highlights (see last detail photo) in midrange bokeh.

I see some green fringing, but more well controlled than the native Z lens in this category. Bokeh shapes are certainly more well controlled than some in the EVO line as well....


Very nice sharpness of the [redacted] lens.
I don't know if I like the bokeh though...

And for me the comparable native Z version is worse in all belongs.

And thanks for the samples 👍



Sep 24, 2026 at 05:30 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #14 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


Yeah I don’t mind a bit of swirl. Of course focusing closer to MFD will enhance it.

Jack Flesher wrote:
I actually like the fact it shows some "swirl." I know that's not a traditionally accepted good bokeh trait, but I happen to like it. If it's a 35 or 40 and available for Sony, I'm probably buying one




Sep 24, 2026 at 05:32 PM
jowul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #15 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


Viltrox EVO 35/1.8

comp_DSC08177_ji by Joachim Wulfers, on Flickr



Sep 25, 2026 at 10:26 PM
jowul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #16 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


Viltrox EVO 35/1.8

comp_DSC08249_ji by Joachim Wulfers, on Flickr



Sep 25, 2026 at 10:27 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #17 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


[lens redacted]










Sep 26, 2026 at 03:23 PM
Zmounter
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #18 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


Edit: now I see the pictures


Sep 26, 2026 at 06:03 PM
pbraymond
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #19 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


A sign of fall coming, 15mm f1.7.












Sep 27, 2026 at 06:44 PM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.22 #20 · Viltrox image thread .......... join in! :)


pbraymond wrote:
A sign of fall coming, 15mm f1.7.
https://www.pbraymond.com/img/s/v-10/p1802115070-6.jpg
https://www.pbraymond.com/img/s/v-10/p1823770437-6.jpg


Finally feels like fall in Ohio this weekend, perfect weather.




Sep 27, 2026 at 07:10 PM
1       2       3       …       21              23       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       21              23       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account