fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

  

"Infrared" Forest

  
 
pbraymond
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · "Infrared" Forest


A little software IR action, all c&c welcomed. (cross posted in B&W forum as well)








Sep 20, 2025 at 11:47 AM
GoodEgg
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · "Infrared" Forest


Lovely! To simulate IR slightly better, try the Lighter preset in Curves.


Sep 20, 2025 at 10:11 PM
pbraymond
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · "Infrared" Forest


GoodEgg wrote:
Lovely! To simulate IR slightly better, try the Lighter preset in Curves.


Hmm, for some reason I never saw the notification for your reply, apologies. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm unable to find the "lighter" preset for curves in LR?



Oct 01, 2025 at 08:40 PM
GoodEgg
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · "Infrared" Forest


Image>Adjustments>Curves, then change the Preset (upper left in the Curves dialog) from Default to Lighter. The change is very subtle; this is pretty much my level of ability to enhance the IR look.


Oct 02, 2025 at 06:37 PM
tominabox1
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · "Infrared" Forest


I feel like you've managed something I always struggle with: making a wooded scene not feel so busy. I like the separation and drawing the eye to the center of the frame, though a clear subject would be a helpful addition.


Feb 09, 2026 at 06:19 PM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · "Infrared" Forest


foliage has that IR look. The tree trunks maybe less so.
But a very successful image overall.

Scott



Feb 12, 2026 at 11:37 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Zadieofmayo
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · "Infrared" Forest


I love this!


Mar 22, 2026 at 10:11 PM
Camperjim
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · "Infrared" Forest


I like aspects of the composition. There are lots of triangular and other geometrical shapes that add interest. The triangular/N shape offset to the right center serves as an overall focal point.

Usually I am not a fan of the IR B&W, regardless of whether the manipulation was done in camera or in post processing. For this image it does seem to work.

In regard to "critique", my recommendation would be to continue and look for compositions which have even stronger interest. This is a pleasant image but not something I would spend a great deal of time looking at.



Mar 23, 2026 at 06:17 AM
lylejk
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · "Infrared" Forest


Lke the result;you nailed the ground flora with the IR look for sure.


Apr 05, 2026 at 08:27 PM
clk11211
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · "Infrared" Forest


I honestly wouldn't change much about this, great symmetry and contrast - my only change would have been to stack the foreground so that everything is in focus (plants in the very bottom of the frame are out of focus)


Sep 07, 2026 at 01:03 PM
lazlo36
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · "Infrared" Forest


nice !


Sep 09, 2026 at 07:55 AM
Lightsearcher
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · "Infrared" Forest


Just beautiful, love the IR simulation.

Marcelo



Sep 09, 2026 at 08:02 PM







FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account