FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

First visit to Yosemite!

keepclicking
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First visit to Yosemite!

Congratulations to keepclicking for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 17 votes - View Previous Winners

Haven't posted on FM in a very long time. Retired year and a half ago and was excited that I would be able to spend more time learning photography. Boy! I was so wrong Hoping 2024 will be better in many ways. Anyway, last year during summer everyone was talking about amount of water at Yosemite. Hence, I decided to brave a one day trip to Yosemite during peak summer season and was lucky to find reservation for one night in curry village. First stop was Tunnel View for sunrise. The cloud covering looked promising for some great sunrise colors but due to wildfires it didn't turn out as expected. Here are few images I came away with from this one night trip.

Thanks for viewing and welcome all CC

Tunnel View when i first got there

Tunnel View sunlight starting to hit valley floor

Tunnel View Sunrise

Valley View sunrise

Morning light

Reflection

Jan 31, 2024 at 05:43 PM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First visit to Yosemite!

Some really fine captures you've presented here!
Douglas

Jan 31, 2024 at 06:48 PM
Aztatlan
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First visit to Yosemite!

Despite the smoke I think you have made some excellent images here. Brings back fond memories of my winter trip in 2017, although the park looked very different then under a blanket of snow.

I think number 3, 4 and 6 are my favs.

Jan 31, 2024 at 07:51 PM
AuthPQ

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First visit to Yosemite!

wonderful pics, enjoy your retirement

Feb 02, 2024 at 10:43 AM
The Rat
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · First visit to Yosemite!

Fantastic light. I think the smoke added a sense of depth to it, honestly.

Feb 02, 2024 at 02:19 PM
another_mikey
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · First visit to Yosemite!

Nice set - the 4 images showing the scene transitions due to the changing early morning light at Tunnel View are particularly cool.

ML

Feb 02, 2024 at 04:57 PM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · First visit to Yosemite!

Wow! You have managed to come back with a fresh flavour of sights that have been photographed to death. The entire set is strong but the first three images are priceless.

Feb 02, 2024 at 10:48 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · First visit to Yosemite!

Impressive! Your first attempt resulted in some fantastic shots. The entire series is excellent.

Feb 03, 2024 at 09:05 PM
keepclicking
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · First visit to Yosemite!

douter wrote:
Some really fine captures you've presented here!
Douglas

Thanks Douglas! Was really unsure of these images as there was lot of smoke.
---------------------------------------------

Aztatlan wrote:
Despite the smoke I think you have made some excellent images here. Brings back fond memories of my winter trip in 2017, although the park looked very different then under a blanket of snow.

I think number 3, 4 and 6 are my favs.

Thank you, with current winter storms I might brave another trip out there. Especially, now that I am trying to get back into photography again.

AuthPQ wrote:
wonderful pics, enjoy your retirement

Thank you, it's definitely and adjustment.

The Rat wrote:
Fantastic light. I think the smoke added a sense of depth to it, honestly.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I was quite unsure about how the image would be received as this set is quite different from what Tunnel view images I have seen in past.

another_mikey wrote:
Nice set - the 4 images showing the scene transitions due to the changing early morning light at Tunnel View are particularly cool.

ML

Thanks! I decided to present the transition so that viewers can see how the light changed. It was fun, especially when the sun started rising behind the peak.

Feb 04, 2024 at 02:39 PM
keepclicking
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · First visit to Yosemite!

Rajan Parrikar wrote:
Wow! You have managed to come back with a fresh flavour of sights that have been photographed to death. The entire set is strong but the first three images are priceless.

Thanks Rajan! When I got to Tunnel view there were many photographers but most of them didn't even wait for sunrise and left saying that it's just a bad day. I waited with another guy and we just clicked away. Once the sun was up it was really nice the way light was hitting the valley floor. Glad you enjoyed the set.

Fred Miranda wrote:
Impressive! Your first attempt resulted in some fantastic shots. The entire series is excellent.

Thanks Fred! Appreciate the feedback and encouragement.

Feb 04, 2024 at 02:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Sax45

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · First visit to Yosemite!

Absolutely stunning

Feb 05, 2024 at 02:00 PM
Ross Martin
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · First visit to Yosemite!

Hey Parul! Love to see you posting again. This a fabulous set, especially considering your first time there. #3 is really special, Id be printing that one. You made the best of the conditions and captured the atmosphere. I hit the vote button

Sorry your 2023 was not the best, and hope you have an excellent 2024 and enjoy your retirement to the fullest.

Cheers,
Ross

Feb 06, 2024 at 10:23 AM
Craig Gillette
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · First visit to Yosemite!

These are very nice. I think you should be very happy with them. I particularly like #4 and enjoy the tones of 5, too. With a limited opportunity, it looks like you got fine results.

Feb 06, 2024 at 01:46 PM
volhoosier
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · First visit to Yosemite!

the trip was definitely worth your time. great set of pictures. i retired alittle over a year ago and am busier now than before retirement. i also hope to be able to get out do more picture taking this year. good luck and thanks for sharing.

Feb 06, 2024 at 01:51 PM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · First visit to Yosemite!

what a wonderful series, Parul. voted

Feb 06, 2024 at 05:19 PM
keepclicking
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · First visit to Yosemite!

Sax45 wrote:
Absolutely stunning

Thank you!

Ross Martin wrote:
Hey Parul! Love to see you posting again. This a fabulous set, especially considering your first time there. #3 is really special, Id be printing that one. You made the best of the conditions and captured the atmosphere. I hit the vote button

Sorry your 2023 was not the best, and hope you have an excellent 2024 and enjoy your retirement to the fullest.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks Ross, I kept looking at the images for almost a week before deciding to post on FM. What I was focused on how the light was hitting the valley floor and not so much on the falls. Glad you liked it.

Craig Gillette wrote:
These are very nice. I think you should be very happy with them. I particularly like #4 and enjoy the tones of 5, too. With a limited opportunity, it looks like you got fine results.

Thanks Craig!! Really wanted to capture waterfalls, but there were so many visitors, there was no way to capture any falls image without people

volhoosier wrote:
the trip was definitely worth your time. great set of pictures. i retired alittle over a year ago and am busier now than before retirement. i also hope to be able to get out do more picture taking this year. good luck and thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot! Yes, I am feeling that way now.... Finally, now that my health is better.

kdacharya wrote:
what a wonderful series, Parul. voted

Thanks KD, always appreciate you stopping by.

Feb 08, 2024 at 11:17 AM
IndyFab
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · First visit to Yosemite!

Really great series, the light on #3 is outstanding !!

Feb 08, 2024 at 06:48 PM
jm10
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · First visit to Yosemite!

Congratulations! Great series. Pleasure to look at.

jacob

Feb 09, 2024 at 10:51 PM
keepclicking
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · First visit to Yosemite!

IndyFab wrote:
Really great series, the light on #3 is outstanding !!

Thank you very much. Never really thought that this was a strong set. But the light hitting the valley floor was spectacular.

Feb 10, 2024 at 11:29 AM
keepclicking
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · First visit to Yosemite!

jm10 wrote:
Congratulations! Great series. Pleasure to look at.

jacob

Thanks Jacob! Definitely a pleasant surprise 😮
Thank you all! I guess this will encourage me to get out and shoot more.

Feb 10, 2024 at 11:31 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.