Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Red Dress Series

  
 
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Red Dress Series


Congratulations to friscoron for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 4 votes - View Previous Winners



Hey there,

So I bought this dress from Sew Trendy, and I've used it in a number of different settings so far. I want to print it large to go in the viewing area of my studio, so I was curious which one you guys thought I should print of these so far.

Always appreciate any feedback.

1.






2.






3.






4.






5.







Sep 11, 2023 at 08:43 AM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Red Dress Series


All of them are beautiful shots, but personally I like 5 the most, but it's a close tie with 1. The lighting in 5 is just exquisite, but I think the form of the dress looks better in 1. Tough to choose.


Sep 11, 2023 at 02:00 PM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Red Dress Series


Great stuff as usual.

They all have warm BG (softer harmony), except #4 ... that cool BG just pops the dress. #4 for me.

The straight, hard steel vs. Curvy, soft fabric is yet another aspect of #4, that makes it.

The translucence in #1 and #4 are nice, too. All good.



Sep 11, 2023 at 02:18 PM
airfrogusmc
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Red Dress Series


Ron,

I like #3 and that is the Hilton correct? #4 is really nice to.



Sep 11, 2023 at 03:56 PM
GoodEgg
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Red Dress Series


S'all good, man! Each image has its own strength. I vote for the first image, but I think the subject is shadowed by the background which is brighter, drawing the viewer away from the subject and dress.
alternative



Sep 11, 2023 at 04:05 PM
gmccroskery
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Red Dress Series


Very nice series, and an excellent concept. I was initially drawn to #5 -- it's a real eye catcher. The rim lighting in that image is simply beautiful, and I feel it's one of these where the background doesn't compete with your subject. However, I feel the pose in #5 is a bit 'stiff' looking.
That said, after looking carefully, I would definitely pick #4 -- everything about that image is dynamite. Great relaxed pose, great lighting, excellent composition, the background compliments the model and pose, and the model is looking into the frame.



Sep 11, 2023 at 05:18 PM
davidchai
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Red Dress Series


wow! What a dress! Nice pics!


Sep 11, 2023 at 09:34 PM
Oscarsmadness
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Red Dress Series


1 and 5 stood out over the others for me. I don't think I could choose between the two. Print both maybe?


Sep 11, 2023 at 10:04 PM
JayDavis
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Red Dress Series


# 5 is my choice, but the light pole just has to be removed.



Sep 12, 2023 at 07:35 AM
eeneryma
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Red Dress Series


friscoron wrote:
Hey there,

So I bought this dress from Sew Trendy, and I've used it in a number of different settings so far. I want to print it large to go in the viewing area of my studio, so I was curious which one you guys thought I should print of these so far.

Always appreciate any feedback.

1.
http://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53180309574_1be26ef1a7_h.jpg

2.
http://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53180117846_79b9e64ed9_h.jpg

3.
http://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53180309404_a2233a3d16_h.jpg

4.
http://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53180558035_2ac33db783_h.jpg

5.
http://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53180558155_9415d2c2e9_h.jpg


All beautifully choreographed Ron, no easy task with that incredible gown, creating dramatic fashion statements.
Steve



Sep 12, 2023 at 08:12 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Red Dress Series


DanielScott wrote:
All of them are beautiful shots, but personally I like 5 the most, but it's a close tie with 1. The lighting in 5 is just exquisite, but I think the form of the dress looks better in 1. Tough to choose.


Yep, completely agree with you. I would have liked it much better if we could have gotten the dress in a better form. It's kind of funny/weird how some people can figure out how to get the dress to flow, and the next pair just can't get it.



Sep 13, 2023 at 08:32 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Red Dress Series


RustyBug wrote:
Great stuff as usual.

They all have warm BG (softer harmony), except #4 ... that cool BG just pops the dress. #4 for me.

The straight, hard steel vs. Curvy, soft fabric is yet another aspect of #4, that makes it.

The translucence in #1 and #4 are nice, too. All good.


#4 is the one I think we're going to go with, but I'm going to redo the skyline pretty dramatically. It's pretty blah. So if we can make the skyline popl, this will be the winner. If not, then it's No. 1.



Sep 13, 2023 at 08:34 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Red Dress Series


airfrogusmc wrote:
Ron,

I like #3 and that is the Hilton correct? #4 is really nice to.


Honestly, I was surprised by how few people on my social media were drawn to 2 and 3. Somehow I didn't pull off that look the way it really needed to be. And yes, that's the Hilton. We held our Pas de Deux Dance Photography Conference there this summer.



Sep 13, 2023 at 08:36 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Red Dress Series


GoodEgg wrote:
S'all good, man! Each image has its own strength. I vote for the first image, but I think the subject is shadowed by the background which is brighter, drawing the viewer away from the subject and dress.
alternative


Thanks! In a perfect world, I would have lit her in this shot. But I was running a pretty large sunrise workshop and didn't want to carry around my light while doing that. I love the dress in this shot, tho, as well as the setting.



Sep 13, 2023 at 08:38 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Red Dress Series


Ron all I can utter is OUTSTANDING photography!
"Darling, it's you I remember with your red dress on
Dancing in the moonlight 'till the break of dawn
It's you I remember dancing with your red dress on...."
Dan



Sep 14, 2023 at 09:22 AM
tschopp
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Red Dress Series


Sounds like Iím late for the vote. I think 4 is what I would print large. Iím not sure I would want to make the buildings pop as I wouldnít want to distract from the dress. I also like 1 & 5, but think the details on 4 will help on a really large print.

How in the world do you get a dress to do that it looks like it defies gravity??



Sep 15, 2023 at 10:18 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Red Dress Series


Danpbphoto wrote:
Ron all I can utter is OUTSTANDING photography!
"Darling, it's you I remember with your red dress on
Dancing in the moonlight 'till the break of dawn
It's you I remember dancing with your red dress on...."
Dan


Ha! Love the lyrics! Thanks, Dan!



Sep 15, 2023 at 10:32 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Red Dress Series


friscoron wrote:
Ha! Love the quote! Thanks, Dan!

When I see an image and a song comes to my mind instantly, you have DONE your job Ron! If an image does NOT evoke some kind of emotion or response then either the viewer or photographer neglected something!
Most excellent!



Edited on Sep 15, 2023 at 10:50 AM · View previous versions



Sep 15, 2023 at 10:34 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Red Dress Series


tschopp wrote:
Sounds like Iím late for the vote. I think 4 is what I would print large. Iím not sure I would want to make the buildings pop as I wouldnít want to distract from the dress. I also like 1 & 5, but think the details on 4 will help on a really large print.

How in the world do you get a dress to do that it looks like it defies gravity??


I have a couple of people who fluff and toss the dress to get it to float a bit. There's like an art to it.


I went back and shot the setting at just before sunrise this morning as I wanted the skyline to be more dramatic in this shot.



Sep 15, 2023 at 10:35 AM
njtrout
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Red Dress Series


I think #4 is a winner! Great presentation by the model and excellent background.


Sep 15, 2023 at 02:20 PM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.