Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Dancers on Fire

  
 
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dancers on Fire


Congratulations to friscoron for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 5 votes - View Previous Winners



A high school dance team, one of the best in the state, came to me with this concept of being dressed in red with a background of orange to give this idea of being on fire. I loved it. These are just a few samples from the shoot. It always amazes me how athletic these dancers are.

1.






2.






3.






4.






5.






6.






7.







Oct 23, 2022 at 07:40 AM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dancers on Fire


Never anything less than exceptional from your high bar.

#6 is a double taker.



Oct 23, 2022 at 07:51 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dancers on Fire


Ouch!!! I hurt just looking at them Ron!
Fine athletes!
Great exposures!
Very well done Ron!
Dan



Oct 23, 2022 at 08:55 AM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dancers on Fire


Wow! All are great, but I LOVE the 6th one!

I can see the edge of the backdrop in 4 and 5. Not sure if that's an intentional choice or not, but since it's not an occurrence in any of the other shots it doesn't seem to be a choice that fits with the rest of the series.



Oct 23, 2022 at 11:31 AM
Dneufarth
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dancers on Fire


Spectacular images.

Derek



Oct 23, 2022 at 01:25 PM
Josh Lewis
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dancers on Fire


Beautiful set! Perfectly lit and composed with exceptional poses.


Oct 23, 2022 at 04:59 PM
GoodEgg
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dancers on Fire


I can overlook a few backdrop issues, in light of Ron's care taken of the skin tones, with all those red and orange waves bouncing around.

Kudos for their concept and your execution, Ron.



Oct 23, 2022 at 06:09 PM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dancers on Fire



Thanks so much, Rusty! That one took about four or five shots to get everything lined up. Total trooper. They work hard to nail these images, but are good enough to make adjustments and nail them pretty quickly.


RustyBug wrote:
Never anything less than exceptional from your high bar.

#6 is a double taker.





Oct 24, 2022 at 08:19 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Dancers on Fire


Danpbphoto wrote:
Ouch!!! I hurt just looking at them Ron!
Fine athletes!
Great exposures!
Very well done Ron!
Dan


Thanks so much, Dan! 20 years ago, and all time prior to that, I don't think people thought of dancers as athletes. But they are incredible athletes. Football players don't punish their bodies as much as dancers do.



Oct 24, 2022 at 08:21 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Dancers on Fire


DanielScott wrote:
Wow! All are great, but I LOVE the 6th one!

I can see the edge of the backdrop in 4 and 5. Not sure if that's an intentional choice or not, but since it's not an occurrence in any of the other shots it doesn't seem to be a choice that fits with the rest of the series.


Thanks! Yep, the 6th is fab.

And yeah, I didn't notice the edge until I posted them here. Definitely not intentional, and I'm fixing them.



Oct 24, 2022 at 08:22 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Dancers on Fire


Dneufarth wrote:
Spectacular images.

Derek


Thanks, Derek!



Oct 24, 2022 at 08:22 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Dancers on Fire


Josh Lewis wrote:
Beautiful set! Perfectly lit and composed with exceptional poses.


Thanks so much, Josh!



Oct 24, 2022 at 08:23 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Dancers on Fire


GoodEgg wrote:
I can overlook a few backdrop issues, in light of Ron's care taken of the skin tones, with all those red and orange waves bouncing around.

Kudos for their concept and your execution, Ron.


Thanks!



Oct 24, 2022 at 08:23 AM
keepclicking
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Dancers on Fire


Ron, I always look forward to your images and learn from it. This set just your usual top notch work or u might have pushed the bar a bit higher. These dancers are absolutely amazing and how much work they have put in to be able to pull this off. Thanks for sharing. Definitely earns my vote 👍🏻


Oct 24, 2022 at 08:54 AM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Dancers on Fire


friscoron wrote:
Thanks! Yep, the 6th is fab.

And yeah, I didn't notice the edge until I posted them here. Definitely not intentional, and I'm fixing them.


If you finalize your photos in Photoshop, one thing I do to help identify flaws throughout any of my photos is to cycle through the background color of the workspace, starting with black, then gray, and finally white. White especially helps me to see any issues like this with the backdrop, but also helps me determine whether the contrast and overall brightness of the photo is where I want it to be. Often times if I do any editing against a dark workspace background the photos end up being too dark for my liking and too dark for printing as well.



Oct 24, 2022 at 10:32 PM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Dancers on Fire


Thanks so much! That means a lot to me.

keepclicking wrote:
Ron, I always look forward to your images and learn from it. This set just your usual top notch work or u might have pushed the bar a bit higher. These dancers are absolutely amazing and how much work they have put in to be able to pull this off. Thanks for sharing. Definitely earns my vote 👍🏻





Oct 25, 2022 at 12:48 PM
crosshaired
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Dancers on Fire


ht photography, lighting, poses and the dancers - impressive


Oct 25, 2022 at 01:20 PM
crosshaired
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Dancers on Fire


ht photography, lighting, poses and the dancers - impressive



Oct 25, 2022 at 01:20 PM
James Markus
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Dancers on Fire


Love #6


Oct 25, 2022 at 03:14 PM
n.v.m.
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Dancers on Fire


i have to visit this section more often.


Oct 26, 2022 at 06:18 AM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password