Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2022 · Sunshine

  
 
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sunshine


A portrait I took of one of my best friend's daughter recently. I'm trying my best to make the most of the good weather while it lasts here in the PNW.

Canon 5D MKIII, Canon EF 135mm f/2.8 Softfocus lens (softfocus disabled) set to f/4, 1/400th sec, ISO 640, natural light and a reflector.




Sep 15, 2022 at 01:27 AM
story_teller
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sunshine


Great image Daniel!


Sep 15, 2022 at 06:00 AM
Karl Witt
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sunshine


I like the softness and the tonal coloring. Without a doubt she appears to be a very naturally pretty girl. The concept is catchy with the sunflower eye. The eye makes very good connection, just one nit is the reflector I believe showing in the bottom of the eye?
Karl



Sep 15, 2022 at 08:01 AM
Tom In Arizona
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sunshine


Hi Daniel...

I've long admired your work here on FM, and this portrait is particularly nice. Aside from the technical excellence, your portrayal reminds me of my world back in the mid-1960s in California. It was a tumultuous time of war, love, peace, music, art etc. One iconic part of that time that encapsulated the wonders of that era was the "flower child." The young lady in your photograph immediately took me back. Thanks for a little trip down memory lane.

Tom



Sep 15, 2022 at 09:17 AM
James Markus
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sunshine


This reminds me of Franco Zeffirelli's movie: "Brother Sun, Sister Moon". I like it!


Sep 15, 2022 at 08:02 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sunshine


story_teller wrote:
Great image Daniel!


Thank you.



Sep 15, 2022 at 09:21 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sunshine


Karl Witt wrote:
I like the softness and the tonal coloring. Without a doubt she appears to be a very naturally pretty girl. The concept is catchy with the sunflower eye. The eye makes very good connection, just one nit is the reflector I believe showing in the bottom of the eye?
Karl


Thank you so much Karl. People have commented on the reflection in the eye from the reflector on my past portraits as well, and while I understand it to be distracting to some it is a detail that I prefer to have in my portraits. 99% of the time when I'm using a reflector it is specifically to add that second reflection to the bottom half of the eyes.



Sep 15, 2022 at 09:23 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sunshine


Tom In Arizona wrote:
Hi Daniel...

I've long admired your work here on FM, and this portrait is particularly nice. Aside from the technical excellence, your portrayal reminds me of my world back in the mid-1960s in California. It was a tumultuous time of war, love, peace, music, art etc. One iconic part of that time that encapsulated the wonders of that era was the "flower child." The young lady in your photograph immediately took me back. Thanks for a little trip down memory lane.

Tom


Thank you for commenting Tom. I love that this portrait gave you a chance to reminisce on some memories from your past.



Sep 15, 2022 at 09:26 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sunshine


James Markus wrote:
This reminds me of Franco Zeffirelli's movie: "Brother Sun, Sister Moon". I like it!


Thank you so much James. I always try for a cinematic look to my work and I'm glad this made you think of a film.



Sep 15, 2022 at 09:26 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sunshine


I find this woman and composition extremely sensuous Daniel!
Soft focus can be so wonderful with the perfect subject.
Well done!
Dan



Sep 16, 2022 at 08:41 AM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sunshine


Danpbphoto wrote:
I find this woman and composition extremely sensuous Daniel!
Soft focus can be so wonderful with the perfect subject.
Well done!
Dan


Thanks Dan! I still have yet to use the soft focus feature that this lens is equipped with, but I've noticed that it has a very soft quality to it in certain lighting conditions that I've never experienced with another lens. Sometimes it can be a detriment and in those instances I'll switch to a different lens, but sometimes the effect is just stunning.



Sep 16, 2022 at 09:12 PM
Rajan Parrikar
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sunshine


What Dan said.


Sep 17, 2022 at 01:38 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sunshine


DanielScott wrote:
Thanks Dan! I still have yet to use the soft focus feature that this lens is equipped with, but I've noticed that it has a very soft quality to it in certain lighting conditions that I've never experienced with another lens. Sometimes it can be a detriment and in those instances I'll switch to a different lens, but sometimes the effect is just stunning.


Daniel,
I have to admit I know nothing about a "soft focus" feature on a camera lens. My fault.
Whatever "feature" you used to produce this fantastic image....add that to your post processing or other list!
This is great Daniel!
Dan



Sep 17, 2022 at 08:34 AM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sunshine




Rajan Parrikar wrote:
What Dan said.

Thank you.



Sep 17, 2022 at 05:34 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sunshine




Danpbphoto wrote:
Daniel,
I have to admit I know nothing about a "soft focus" feature on a camera lens. My fault.
Whatever "feature" you used to produce this fantastic image....add that to your post processing or other list!
This is great Daniel!
Dan

Thanks Dan. Like I said, the feature was not used. This is just the result of the lens responding to a certain lighting scenario.



Sep 17, 2022 at 05:35 PM
chad hites
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sunshine


I really like the photo and your processing. Very warm and soft without sacrificing sharpness!

Chad



Sep 17, 2022 at 06:28 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sunshine


chad hites wrote:
I really like the photo and your processing. Very warm and soft without sacrificing sharpness!

Chad


Thank you Chad.



Sep 18, 2022 at 10:49 AM





FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.