Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

dallvr
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

Congratulations to dallvr for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 21 votes - View Previous Winners

Here are photos from two areas of Botswana, the Kalahari and the Linyanti. April was late summer in Southern Africa and the skies were dramatic, the sightings terrific. Will post Okavango photos in another thread.

© dallvr 2022

Cheetah Mom and Cub

© dallvr 2022

Lioness after Zebra Kill

© dallvr 2022

Chameleon

© dallvr 2022

Young Meerkats

© dallvr 2022

Mother Meerkat and Baby at Sunset

© dallvr 2022

Flamingos Taking Flight

© dallvr 2022

Wildebeest Caravan

© dallvr 2022

Flamingos

© dallvr 2022

Sunrise and Palms

© dallvr 2022

Grey Hornbill Vocalizing

© dallvr 2022

Little Bee-eater

© dallvr 2022

White-fronted Bee-eater with Prey

Sep 10, 2022 at 01:45 PM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

#4 is my pick for this very nice series. beautifully done, Shirley

Sep 10, 2022 at 01:53 PM
dallvr
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

Additional photos from the Linyanti region of Botswana

© dallvr 2022

African Fish Eagle

© dallvr 2022

Elephant Chilling and Eating

© dallvr 2022

Summer Rain on Horizon

© dallvr 2022

Lily with Storm

© dallvr 2022

Elephants Playing

© dallvr 2022

Giraffe Necking

© dallvr 2022

Angolan Reed Frog

© dallvr 2022

Trio of Bee-eaters

Sep 10, 2022 at 01:54 PM
dallvr
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

Thanks, KD.

Sep 10, 2022 at 02:17 PM
CG_Photography

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

All are outstanding!

Cheetah Mom and Cub

Are my picks

Sep 10, 2022 at 02:30 PM
G.E. Smith
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

Wow Shirley ! These are beautiful. What an incredible set. I'm having a hard time coming up with how I can express how much I like these. Fantastic work. Voted for sure.

Greg

Sep 10, 2022 at 04:54 PM
Bobg657
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

Shirley, it looks like you had a wonderful trip and some wonderful shots as well! Did you use a drone for the wildebeest aerial?

Bob

Edited on Sep 10, 2022 at 09:08 PM · View previous versions

Sep 10, 2022 at 05:42 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

Shirley you have a creative eye, you don't miss opportunities to take all the goodness in. Yes I have favorites here but honestly I just like that you saw and presented everything wonderfully. The mix is entertaining as are your varied POV images from at the waterline to way above.
I voted, you shared a wonderful series here

Karl

Sep 10, 2022 at 06:33 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

Shirley, I am impressed by the wealth and beauty of the images from Botswana! The aerial view of flamingos in-flight is abosolutely a rare sight. There are too t many to pick additional favorites and I also enjoy the close up images of the frog and water lily at sunset. They definitely EMV! I wish you had listed the FL of lenses you used for those. It doesn’t have to be the full exif…just the FL would suffice.

Joshua

Sep 10, 2022 at 07:18 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

Absolutely amazing set from first to last. Enjoyed each and everyone of them.

Birdie

Sep 10, 2022 at 07:32 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Al Trujillo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

Wow!!

Sep 11, 2022 at 04:52 AM
dallvr
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

CG_Photography wrote:
All are outstanding!

Cheetah Mom and Cub

Are my picks

Thank you, Chris. It was great to see the cheetahs on our very first game drive in the Kalahari. The elephant in the water was a first for us, being in a boat next to several of these giants. Fortunately they were all very calm.

Sep 11, 2022 at 08:24 AM
dallvr
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

G.E. Smith wrote:
Wow Shirley ! These are beautiful. What an incredible set. I'm having a hard time coming up with how I can express how much I like these. Fantastic work. Voted for sure.

Greg

Thanks for your kind words, Greg. I appreciate your vote.

Sep 11, 2022 at 08:25 AM
dallvr
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

Bobg657 wrote:
Shirley, it looks like you had a wonderful trip and some wonderful shots as well! Did you use a drone for the wildebeest aerial?

Bob

Yes, Bob, fantastic trip and a great escape from our post-Covid reality. Not a drone, the aerial photos were shot from a doors off helicopter. It was great to get up in the air after the pans had filled with rain water. Downside was a ton of mosquitos hatching.

Sep 11, 2022 at 08:27 AM
dallvr
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

Karl Witt wrote:
Shirley you have a creative eye, you don't miss opportunities to take all the goodness in. Yes I have favorites here but honestly I just like that you saw and presented everything wonderfully. The mix is entertaining as are your varied POV images from at the waterline to way above.
I voted, you shared a wonderful series here

Karl

Thanks Karl, on a safari, I just photograph everything interesting that I see, whether it is animals other than the Big Five, animal interactions, or landscapes.

Sep 11, 2022 at 08:29 AM
dallvr
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

AGeoJO wrote:
Shirley, I am impressed by the wealth and beauty of the images from Botswana! The aerial view of flamingos in-flight is abosolutely a rare sight. There are too t many to pick additional favorites and I also enjoy the close up images of the frog and water lily at sunset. They definitely EMV! I wish you had listed the FL of lenses you used for those. It doesn’t have to be the full exif…just the FL would suffice.

Joshua

Joshua, I will check my post, I had checked the EXIF boxes, nor sure why it doesn't show up. In any event, the flamingo aerial was 235 mm on the FE 100-400, 1/1600 sed. f/5.6, ISO 1250. Reed Frog 90mm with 90mm macro, 1/1000 sec. f/6.3, ISO 1000.
Lily, 28mm with Tamron 28-200, 1/640 sec. f/10, ISO 8000. Many if not all of these had noise reduction in PureRAW. If you know why the EXIF didn't show up after being checked, I'd love to know.

Shirley

Sep 11, 2022 at 08:39 AM
dallvr
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

birdied wrote:
Absolutely amazing set from first to last. Enjoyed each and everyone of them.

Birdie

Thanks so much Roberta, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos that I enjoyed shooting!

Sep 11, 2022 at 08:40 AM
dallvr
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

Al Trujillo wrote:
Wow!!

Thank. you Al.

Sep 11, 2022 at 08:42 AM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

dallvr wrote:
Joshua, I will check my post, I had checked the EXIF boxes, nor sure why it doesn't show up. In any event, the flamingo aerial was 235 mm on the FE 100-400, 1/1600 sed. f/5.6, ISO 1250. Reed Frog 90mm with 90mm macro, 1/1000 sec. f/6.3, ISO 1000.
Lily, 28mm with Tamron 28-200, 1/640 sec. f/10, ISO 8000. Many if not all of these had noise reduction in PureRAW. If you know why the EXIF didn't show up after being checked, I'd love to know.

Shirley

Hi Shirley, thank you for the info. I will be going to the general area next week; hence, my interest. I was surprised how well the Tamron 28-200 performed there. I do have that lens but I will not be taking that and will be opting for a different setup. I won’t be taking my macro lens on this trip either. Too much gear already.., .

You either host the images somewhere else and link them to FM or one of your steps in the work flow stripped the exif away, I would say. It looks like the second case applies to your situation. I don’t know what process/step did strip the exif away though but typically is the conversion from TIF to JPG.

Sep 11, 2022 at 09:36 AM
dallvr
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Kalahari and Linyanti, Botswana 2022

AGeoJO wrote:
Hi Shirley, thank you for the info. I will be going to the general area next week; hence, my interest. I was surprised how well the Tamron 28-200 performed there. I do have that lens but I will not be taking that and will be opting for a different setup. I won’t be taking my macro lens on this trip either. Too much gear already.., .

You either host the images somewhere else and link them to FM or one of your steps in the work flow stripped the exif away, I would say. It looks like the second case applies
...Show more

I have figured out what the problem is. I had minimal export info checked in my LRClassic settings. Restoring more of them resulted in getting my EXIF information to show.

Where will you be going? We stayed at Jack's Camp. We have stayed there before, but a long time ago. It has a Victorian decor, which I personally can do without, but the camp is well run and has good guides.

Sep 11, 2022 at 11:39 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password