p.1 #1 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
Greetings FM!
I enjoy taking photos of my kids soccer games. I would like to share the photos with the parents, but in a safe manner. Meaning, I don't want pictures of the kids to be public online for anyone to view (especially with the potential of "creepers" as these are young kids).
What online platform or site would you recommend to host the photo albums of each game that allows me to make it private, but only viewable with a link?
p.1 #2 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
In the past I have used a password protected gallery on Pbase, and emailed the password to the other parents. Now all of the teams that we are associated with use an APP (ex. Team Snap, Sports You) for schedules updates, etc, and I upload photos to the media section of our teams accounts.
p.1 #3 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
If your goal is no cost, access control/privacy and the ability of parents to easily print your work, then strongly consider using the free Team Sites on Shutterfly.
They are very easy to create and share. When my kids were young these sites were a huge hit with parents.
The downside? They don't project a particularly artistic/professional look and you can't sell or profit from the sales -- but as a place to easily share in a protected manner and facilitate printing you can't go wrong.
(Reminds me -- I think I still have some sites inactive on that site that are 10-plus years old!)
p.1 #4 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
Scotts007 wrote:
In the past I have used a password protected gallery on Pbase, and emailed the password to the other parents. Now all of the teams that we are associated with use an APP (ex. Team Snap, Sports You) for schedules updates, etc, and I upload photos to the media section of our teams accounts.
Thanks, I will check out Pbase.
PureMichigan wrote:
If your goal is no cost, access control/privacy and the ability of parents to easily print your work, then strongly consider using the free Team Sites on Shutterfly.
They are very easy to create and share. When my kids were young these sites were a huge hit with parents.
The downside? They don't project a particularly artistic/professional look and you can't sell or profit from the sales -- but as a place to easily share in a protected manner and facilitate printing you can't go wrong.
(Reminds me -- I think I still have some sites inactive on that site that are 10-plus years old!)...Show more →
The goal is low cost to no cost! I started to look into Shutterfly, it seemed nice, but I wanted to reach out to the community and see what others are using.
I do have a domain name and thought about creating a password protected landing page, which would have embedded photos, galleries, streams, etc, from an online photo storage. I was reading and see some people have websites that use API's to bring over the photos from another site.
Do you think this is something I should explore since I have a domain name, or just look at Pbase/ShutterFly? Possibly Flickr?
p.1 #5 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
I use Google Photos. After you upload photos to google, you can share specific albums and send a link to the album via email to whomever you want. Not password protected though, if that matters to you. I pay $1.99 per month for I think 100GB.
p.1 #6 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
GregS wrote:
I use Google Photos. After you upload photos to google, you can share specific albums and send a link to the album via email to whomever you want. Not password protected though, if that matters to you. I pay $1.99 per month for I think 100GB.
I would prefer it to be password protected for a couple reason. The main reason is the photos are of young kids playing and I want to keep the viewing access to the parents (and whom they would share with) only. Since I am not running a business and this is just for fun and sharing with the parents, I want to keep it safe as possible.
I will look into Google Photos.
Sep 09, 2022 at 01:23 PM
osv2 Offline [X]
p.1 #7 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
Curlyp wrote:
I do have a domain name and thought about creating a password protected landing page, which would have embedded photos, galleries, streams, etc, from an online photo storage. I was reading and see some people have websites that use API's to bring over the photos from another site.
Do you think this is something I should explore since I have a domain name, or just look at Pbase/ShutterFly? Possibly Flickr?
the problem with those photo-sharing sites is that it's usually their url, not yours.
the flip side is that hosting your own site means that you have to maintain it, or pay someone to maintain it, plus the cost of hosting and domain registration.
p.1 #8 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
Does the team have a online site which parents can access or post photos? I shoot my grandsons U10 football games and send photos to my son and he posts them for the parents to see. They're lo-res files so online viewing only but it works well for the parents and the kids.
p.1 #11 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
I too use SmugMug for sharing with parents. I use the unlisted - only those with a link can view option. I also select the do not make searchable on SmugMug or web options. Acts the same as a password when you send the link and saves you all the emails from when they forget the password later. I also place reminder with link not to share the link on social media sites.
p.1 #12 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
I stopped giving images away for free this season and have been pretty successful using shootproof to create my pricing. I shoot football and after talking and networking with photogs in the nfl/football I think I am sticking to my local high schools for business. I charge $100 to target your kid and give them 10 images from the gallery and every photo is $15 for a digital high resolution. I usually get at least 2-5 parents a game and they do early bird pricing paid via venmo and put in the nots for ex: JV-BCP-#27 Anderson. This way I track it on my venmo account so I know who is priority during the game. Then I send a link out a day or 2 later. Other parents and kids buy images and gain a new client the next week. Some parents hire me every week. I advertise via IG and here is the link to my shootproof account: https://josemoralesmedia.shootproof.com/https://josemoralesmedia.shootproof.com /https://josemoralesmedia.shootproof.com/
My IG is @josemoralesmedia and you can see how I post the updates on my stories and create reels to advertise. Shootproof isn't expensive and you can make galleries private or public. I am still selling images from games shot weeks ago which is nice. You can also set prices for different clients if you want. I thought about raising the prices for images if no one hires me but I usually wont shoot a game unless I can get 2 people to commit.
Here is a referral link if you like shoot proof and appreciate it! I think it's much cleaner interface then smugmug and used them in the past. You can pick your photolabs and they have a store too if you do not want to set your own prices. Referral link : http://shpr.ws/CdY
p.1 #13 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
PureMichigan wrote:
If your goal is no cost, access control/privacy and the ability of parents to easily print your work, then strongly consider using the free Team Sites on Shutterfly.
They are very easy to create and share. When my kids were young these sites were a huge hit with parents.
The downside? They don't project a particularly artistic/professional look and you can't sell or profit from the sales -- but as a place to easily share in a protected manner and facilitate printing you can't go wrong.
(Reminds me -- I think I still have some sites inactive on that site that are 10-plus years old!)...Show more →
Thank you for sharing this problem, I will guide it for the kids.
p.1 #14 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
Awesome, thanks for posting that. I shoot tons of games and started charging this last year. Baseball was ok about selling to whole teams but football about impossible. Do you do anything when one parent wants to buy like 8 pictures of their kid? Like set a lower price for a group of shots? The simplicity of this would help out not having to deal with a team coordinating to buy photos.
dafonz00 wrote:
I stopped giving images away for free this season and have been pretty successful using shootproof to create my pricing. I shoot football and after talking and networking with photogs in the nfl/football I think I am sticking to my local high schools for business. I charge $100 to target your kid and give them 10 images from the gallery and every photo is $15 for a digital high resolution. I usually get at least 2-5 parents a game and they do early bird pricing paid via venmo and put in the nots for ex: JV-BCP-#27 Anderson. This way I track it on my venmo account so I know who is priority during the game. Then I send a link out a day or 2 later. Other parents and kids buy images and gain a new client the next week. Some parents hire me every week. I advertise via IG and here is the link to my shootproof account: https://josemoralesmedia.shootproof.com/https://josemoralesmedia.shootproof.com /https://josemoralesmedia.shootproof.com/
My IG is @josemoralesmedia and you can see how I post the updates on my stories and create reels to advertise. Shootproof isn't expensive and you can make galleries private or public. I am still selling images from games shot weeks ago which is nice. You can also set prices for different clients if you want. I thought about raising the prices for images if no one hires me but I usually wont shoot a game unless I can get 2 people to commit.
Here is a referral link if you like shoot proof and appreciate it! I think it's much cleaner interface then smugmug and used them in the past. You can pick your photolabs and they have a store too if you do not want to set your own prices. Referral link : http://shpr.ws/CdY...Show more →
p.1 #16 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
I am genuinely jealous of you for:
A. Being able to charge 100 per kid
B. Having a minimum requirement at that price
Where are you based? The IG looks really good
dafonz00 wrote:
I stopped giving images away for free this season and have been pretty successful using shootproof to create my pricing. I shoot football and after talking and networking with photogs in the nfl/football I think I am sticking to my local high schools for business. I charge $100 to target your kid and give them 10 images from the gallery and every photo is $15 for a digital high resolution. I usually get at least 2-5 parents a game and they do early bird pricing paid via venmo and put in the nots for ex: JV-BCP-#27 Anderson. This way I track it on my venmo account so I know who is priority during the game. Then I send a link out a day or 2 later. Other parents and kids buy images and gain a new client the next week. Some parents hire me every week. I advertise via IG and here is the link to my shootproof account: https://josemoralesmedia.shootproof.com/https://josemoralesmedia.shootproof.com /https://josemoralesmedia.shootproof.com/
My IG is @josemoralesmedia and you can see how I post the updates on my stories and create reels to advertise. Shootproof isn't expensive and you can make galleries private or public. I am still selling images from games shot weeks ago which is nice. You can also set prices for different clients if you want. I thought about raising the prices for images if no one hires me but I usually wont shoot a game unless I can get 2 people to commit.
Here is a referral link if you like shoot proof and appreciate it! I think it's much cleaner interface then smugmug and used them in the past. You can pick your photolabs and they have a store too if you do not want to set your own prices. Referral link : http://shpr.ws/CdY...Show more →
p.1 #19 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
Another option is Amazon. With a prime membership you can host unlimited photos. I use it for my daughters volleyball team pictures. I create an album for each season and subs for games. We guarantee access to parents only by email I believe (wife runs that end). I think you have to have a prime account to view if the albums are controlled access.
Feb 22, 2023 at 12:13 AM
rebekk Offline [X]
p.1 #20 · Best way to share photos of games with parents?
Amazon Prime offers unlimited photo hosting, which is perfect for organizing and sharing photos of my daughter's volleyball team. I create separate albums for each season and even subsets for specific games. So that only the parents have access, we guarantee it via email (my wife does). And while I was waiting, I quickly found My Jackpot free coins https://casinosanalyzer.com/casino-bonuses/myjackpotcasino.com and now I think I'll be distracted for a long time. I think you need a Prime account to view the albums if access is controlled. Overall, it's a convenient and secure way to store and share our photos.