Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

  

Dancer with Moon over Chicago

  
 
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago



Did this during the Super Moon rise in Chicago a few weeks ago.





[



Jul 24, 2022 at 01:33 PM
Dneufarth
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


Nicely done.

Derek



Jul 24, 2022 at 03:00 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


Extremely well done Ron! Very unique!
Dan



Jul 24, 2022 at 07:04 PM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


thanks so much!

Dneufarth wrote:
Nicely done.

Derek





Jul 25, 2022 at 02:56 PM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


thanks, Dan!

Danpbphoto wrote:
Extremely well done Ron! Very unique!
Dan





Jul 25, 2022 at 02:56 PM
LinuxHack3r
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


I'm curious, what was the focal length used to get the moon so large in frame and is it a single capture or composited?

Very amazing!



Oct 31, 2022 at 07:58 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


LinuxHack3r wrote:
I'm curious, what was the focal length used to get the moon so large in frame and is it a single capture or composited?

Very amazing!


Thanks! This is a purely artistic shot, so it's a composite. This was supposed the evening of a super moon so I had a shot plan with a 600mm lens to get the dancer as a silhouette within the full moon rising over Lake Michigan. However, the size of the moon was a disappointment, and it was not nearly large enough with the 600.

So I took a shot of the moon and then laid it in over the Chicago skyline.

Ron



Oct 31, 2022 at 02:54 PM
davidchai
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


Magical!


Nov 02, 2022 at 10:28 PM
BubbaJon
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


Is that the actual moon size? Looks a tad unnatural.
Nice concept!
I can tell you used crosslighting by the highlights on her legs.
My main nit to pick is that the exposure in those highlights is very bright drawing the eye away from the rest of the shot.



Nov 04, 2022 at 06:37 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


davidchai wrote:
Magical!


thanks!



Nov 04, 2022 at 12:00 PM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


BubbaJon wrote:
Is that the actual moon size? Looks a tad unnatural.
Nice concept!
I can tell you used crosslighting by the highlights on her legs.
My main nit to pick is that the exposure in those highlights is very bright drawing the eye away from the rest of the shot.


Thanks!
It may not be, but it's pretty close. It was a super moon back in June.
I did get rid of a lot of highlights coming from the skyline, but I wanted it to stay as natural as possible, so I did keep some highlights.



Nov 04, 2022 at 12:01 PM
BubbaJon
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


friscoron wrote:
Thanks!
It may not be, but it's pretty close. It was a super moon back in June.
I did get rid of a lot of highlights coming from the skyline, but I wanted it to stay as natural as possible, so I did keep some highlights.

I was referring to the highlights on her legs/body from the lighting you used.



Nov 05, 2022 at 05:26 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


BubbaJon wrote:
I was referring to the highlights on her legs/body from the lighting you used.


Oh... Well, I really like those. You want the attention drawn to a dancer's legs.



Nov 05, 2022 at 12:29 PM
rntbot
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


Excellent image.! If I may ask, what location in the city did you take these?


Nov 12, 2022 at 05:33 PM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


rntbot wrote:
Excellent image.! If I may ask, what location in the city did you take these?


Chicago. I'm at the North Avenue Beach.



Nov 14, 2022 at 11:25 AM
macentropist
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


Very nice Ron, what exif info?


Nov 16, 2022 at 01:00 PM
James Markus
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


Ron,
Wonderful composite image. Is the primary (solo?) light source a street lamp?
Is there a fill front right as well?

Jim

friscoron wrote:
Did this during the Super Moon rise in Chicago a few weeks ago.

http://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52238495421_781f42799c_b.jpg[





Nov 17, 2022 at 01:16 PM
nugeny
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Dancer with Moon over Chicago


the most marvelous image!


Dec 27, 2022 at 08:48 PM







FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password