Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3       end
  

Canon EOS R10 preview

  
 
USA40sp
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon EOS R10 preview


How much the pricing the R10 due to the chip shortages & other supply chain problems and would have been as much is that priced close to the RP any way? I see it as a fair price some people think it is expensive for what you get.


May 30, 2022 at 01:36 PM
Gochugogi
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon EOS R10 preview


The 24MP Canon EOS Rebel T8i goes for $899 body only. The R10 is a nice upgrade in AF and video performance for only a Benjamin more.



May 30, 2022 at 06:17 PM
PicGuy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon EOS R10 preview


Gochugogi wrote:
The 24MP Canon EOS Rebel T8i goes for $899 body only. The R10 is a nice upgrade in AF and video performance for only a Benjamin more.


One gets a heck of a lot for that $100. To get the AF and frame rates of the R10 is worth paying $200 over the T8i, IMO. Fortunately, Canon seems to have uncharacteristically shown some mercy or they really, really want to move the DSLR holdouts to the R system.



May 30, 2022 at 10:31 PM
Z250SA
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon EOS R10 preview


Pre ordered one R10 today. _THAT_ AF in that cute little package. Resistance is futile! Lacks this and that, yes. The only real issue, as I see it, is the lack of juice in the LP-E17 battery.

But the R10 will give me 400mm reach with the 24-240 and adapted with the 55-250. 400mm at 944g weight in total! With R5 AF and 23fps when needed. The good ol´ EF 400mm f/5.6L was 1220g by itself.



Jun 03, 2022 at 02:08 PM
Iguana829
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon EOS R10 preview


I wonder why the R7 has 40 pages of text and the R10 no one seems to care about. It also isn't sold out anywhere. Is the R7 really that much better?

All it seems to be missing from the R7 is

A few mp,
Uncropped 60fps 4k video
Bigger Battery
IBIS
10 bit C-log (R10 only does H.265)

Am I missing anything?

That stuff isn't worth $520



Jun 22, 2022 at 03:22 PM
Iguana829
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon EOS R10 preview


USA40sp wrote:
How much the pricing the R10 due to the chip shortages & other supply chain problems and would have been as much is that priced close to the RP any way? I see it as a fair price some people think it is expensive for what you get.


It's like $129 overpriced. It should really be at the $849 price point of the M6 Mk II and A6400



Jun 22, 2022 at 03:23 PM
Gochugogi
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon EOS R10 preview


Iguana829 wrote:
I wonder why the R7 has 40 pages of text and the R10 no one seems to care about. It also isn't sold out anywhere. Is the R7 really that much better?

All it seems to be missing from the R7 is

A few mp,
Uncropped 60fps 4k video
Bigger Battery
IBIS
10 bit C-log (R10 only does H.265)

Am I missing anything?

That stuff isn't worth $520


Maybe not to you but apparently those things—plus oversampled 4K and 2 card slots—are worth it to most people here.




Jun 22, 2022 at 06:18 PM
Jeff Nolten
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Canon EOS R10 preview


There is an interesting dichotomy between the R7 and R10. The R7 fans, on this forum anyway, already have the lenses they are planing on using and wonder why Canon is shipping so many more kits than bodies. The R10, a fine little camera for most users, only has two native mount kit lenses. The one that ships as a kit with the R10 is quite limited in range. If there were an RF-S 11-22, 28 macro, 32 f1.4, and 55-250 available, all IS, I could see it transitioning a lot of Rebel users to the new mount and the shortcomings vs the R7 less substantial.


Jun 22, 2022 at 07:54 PM
Iguana829
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Canon EOS R10 preview


Anyone grabbin' the R10? It launched today. Seems to be in stock everywhere.


Jul 28, 2022 at 01:08 PM
Tom_W
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Canon EOS R10 preview


It'd be an inexpensive, but decent venture into the world of the RF mount for those that wish to take the plunge. The only downside is the lack of APS-C-specific lens options so far. But a couple of the great FF lenses will work beautifully on this as well as FF body options, like the 14-35 f/4L.

Of course, I'm kind of preaching to the well-equipped choir here, I think.



Jul 28, 2022 at 01:28 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Mike_5D
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Canon EOS R10 preview


I think most non-forum-dwelling R10 buyers would be happy with either RF-S lens for a long time. The 18-150 in particular may be the only lens they'll ever need and will do things their phone can't. UWA photography is a bit of a niche so the lack of such a lens for APC-S won't bother most buyers.


Jul 28, 2022 at 01:32 PM
Jeff Nolten
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Canon EOS R10 preview


The size is not much bigger than the M6II or M50 II. Bit taller and thicker and with a much better grip. The kit lenses are remounted M lenses. Need a few more, as I said above, then I don't think the M system has much future. But, like comparing the 77D to the 80D back in the day, I'm sticking with my R7. Worth every $ and oz more.


Jul 28, 2022 at 01:50 PM
Tom_W
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Canon EOS R10 preview


Mike_5D wrote:
I think most non-forum-dwelling R10 buyers would be happy with either RF-S lens for a long time. The 18-150 in particular may be the only lens they'll ever need and will do things their phone can't. UWA photography is a bit of a niche so the lack of such a lens for APC-S won't bother most buyers.


And if they're already Rebel/XXD dwellers, they need only get a basic Canon EF-RF adapter and their EF lenses will work perfectly on the RF bodies. I use my EF 100-400 L II that way, both on the R5 and the new R7.



Jul 28, 2022 at 01:55 PM
Mike_5D
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Canon EOS R10 preview


Tom_W wrote:
And if they're already Rebel/XXD dwellers, they need only get a basic Canon EF-RF adapter and their EF lenses will work perfectly on the RF bodies. I use my EF 100-400 L II that way, both on the R5 and the new R7.


I don't know how extensive the average Rebel-only owner's lens collection is. I'm thinking someone with an 8 year old Rebel and 18-55 would be better served by just getting one of the RF-S kit lenses and either selling their old kit or passing it down to a family member getting into photography. The adapter certainly works well if you have lenses worth keeping, but does add some size.



Jul 28, 2022 at 02:58 PM
snegron7
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Canon EOS R10 preview




Mike_5D wrote:
Fro says the R10 is $979 which makes more sense if the R7 is $1499. Better dump your RP's now before the price craters.



RP still has the advantage of being FF, not APS-C like the R10.



Jul 28, 2022 at 04:59 PM
Mike_5D
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Canon EOS R10 preview


snegron7 wrote:
RP still has the advantage of being FF, not APS-C like the R10.


The R10 has a much better AF system though, which is important to a lot of people.



Jul 28, 2022 at 05:09 PM
Iguana829
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Canon EOS R10 preview


I grabbed the R10. It has a good autofocus system for sure.


Aug 04, 2022 at 02:55 PM
Z250SA
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Canon EOS R10 preview


Iguana829 wrote:
I grabbed the R10. It has a good autofocus system for sure.


Good to know, as it has all the pixels I need for the intended use!



Aug 04, 2022 at 04:41 PM
amacal1
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Canon EOS R10 preview


PicGuy wrote:
While I think the R7 is priced well, I don't think the same of the R10. Without IBIS, decent buffer, 24mp FSI sensor and low res EVF it is more of an $800 camera, IMO.


Feels that way, but inflation the last year or two has been a real mindjob on how prices should feel versus how they are.

Using an inflation calculator, the cumulative rate of inflation from 2019 to 2022 is 16%. That means this $800 camera should cost $930 in 2022 money, which, it does. Basically, this is priced exactly right based on what feels like the last time prices were sane. It's just that the value of your money went ahead and took a nosedive.




Aug 05, 2022 at 04:09 PM
PicGuy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Canon EOS R10 preview


amacal1 wrote:
Feels that way, but inflation the last year or two has been a real mindjob on how prices should feel versus how they are.

Using an inflation calculator, the cumulative rate of inflation from 2019 to 2022 is 16%. That means this $800 camera should cost $930 in 2022 money, which, it does. Basically, this is priced exactly right based on what feels like the last time prices were sane. It's just that the value of your money went ahead and took a nosedive.


My main issue with the pricing is the sensor in the R10 isn't commensurate with its price point. At the $1k price point the sensors in cameras competing with it are a good bit better. My second issue is lack of IBIS in a $1k APS-C camera. Some of this is offset by its very good AF but it isn't enough to overcome the aging sensor and lack of IBIS, IMO. The X-S10 is a direct competitor to it at $999 and has IBIS, the X-T4's 26mp BSI fast readout sensor, much less rolling shutter effects, very good 4k video with 1080p @ 240 fps and the X-S10 has very decent AF. Then there is the Fuji APS-C lens catalog that is second to none. I think the R10's price will drop some before long because of the things I mentioned. It just can't support its price point on its AF alone and the shallow buffer minimizes the effectiveness of its fast frame rates. Also the rolling shutter is so bad that it nullifies the use of the R10's ES in many use cases where the X-S10 doesn't have nearly the same level of issues in this regard.




Aug 06, 2022 at 01:14 AM
1      
2
       3       end






FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password