Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2021 · Noor

  
 
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Noor


Congratulations to AGeoJO for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 9 votes - View Previous Winners


I had a chance to photograph Noor twice at a local park. These images are from our second session when I used a different camera system to try out the new to me format.

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave your feedback,
Joshua




#1






#2






#3






#4




Sep 11, 2021 at 02:53 PM
JohnSil
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Noor


Hey Joshua, nice shots. Nice to see someone older than a senior!!
I like 2 and 3 the best. The crops feel a little awkward on the other two to me.
I also would have liked to see a little better light on her, the catchlights are a little crazy looking.
The back-lighting is very nice especially in the pampas grass.
I really like the edge the almost Goth eye shadow gives, very nice and the black choker really sets off and give a fresh fresh look.
Nice job and nice model, somewhat fresh!
John



Sep 12, 2021 at 01:34 AM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Noor


JohnSil wrote:
Hey Joshua, nice shots. Nice to see someone older than a senior!!
I like 2 and 3 the best. The crops feel a little awkward on the other two to me.
I also would have liked to see a little better light on her, the catchlights are a little crazy looking.
The back-lighting is very nice especially in the pampas grass.
I really like the edge the almost Goth eye shadow gives, very nice and the black choker really sets off and give a fresh fresh look.
Nice job and nice model, somewhat fresh!
John


Thank you for your kind words, John! We used a reflector for the session as fill-in light; in some cases, Dave played with the shape to get the light to wrap around. I am not sure whether that caused what you described in the catchlight. BTW, Noor did her own wonderful make-up.



Sep 12, 2021 at 07:22 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Noor


She is indeed an exotic beauty and you did her proud Joshua!
I like close crops on beautiful women. It is all about her!
Again very well done and you did her proud!
Dan



Sep 12, 2021 at 08:29 AM
Doc25
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Noor


I like 1-3. #2 being my favorite. #4 I think the hand position doesn't do it for me.

I noticed the catchlights as well, was trying to figure out what you were reflecting with. Like her makeup and very pretty model. Well done thanks for posting.



Sep 12, 2021 at 08:30 AM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Noor


Danpbphoto wrote:
She is indeed an exotic beauty and you did her proud Joshua!
I like close crops on beautiful women. It is all about her!
Again very well done and you did her proud!
Dan


Thank you very much, Dan! I composed #2 a little tight and that was the entire frame alright.



Doc25 wrote:
I like 1-3. #2 being my favorite. #4 I think the hand position doesn't do it for me.

I noticed the catchlights as well, was trying to figure out what you were reflecting with. Like her makeup and very pretty model. Well done thanks for posting.


Thank you very much, Doc25! The reflector was just outside the frame, really close to Noor. The deliberate bending of the reflector to get the wrap around lighting must have caused that catchlight.



Sep 12, 2021 at 08:51 AM
Rajan Parrikar
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Noor


The fourth is the best of the series and probably presents the best profile of her visage.


Sep 12, 2021 at 09:27 AM
Burcu9320
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Noor


Very good photos all of them. 1 and 2 are the best on my point of view. Simply because I feel the overall composition is more "complete". I wish I had better words to describe


Sep 12, 2021 at 11:07 AM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Noor


Rajan Parrikar wrote:
The fourth is the best of the series and probably presents the best profile of her visage.


Thank you for your kind words, Rajan!



Burcu9320 wrote:
Very good photos all of them. 1 and 2 are the best on my point of view. Simply because I feel the overall composition is more "complete". I wish I had better words to describe


Thank you very much, Glostars!


_________________________________________________


Here is another image from the same session but captured using a different lens and as a matter of fact, taken using a completely different camera. The difference in color rendition, if any, is just due to the processing, I would say.



© AGeoJO 2021

#5




Sep 12, 2021 at 11:14 AM
James Markus
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Noor


#1 and #2 are my favs. The squared to camera straight on gaze doesn't work for me.


Sep 12, 2021 at 12:34 PM
mexicoke68
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Noor


Did you use any artificial light for this by any chance?


Sep 13, 2021 at 10:42 PM
Picture This!
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Noor


This is all so subjective and everyone's going to have an opinion. I like #2 and #4 the most. Overall a well executed set.


Sep 13, 2021 at 11:43 PM
kmunroe
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Noor


very nice set Joshua


Sep 14, 2021 at 01:51 AM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Noor


James Markus wrote:
#1 and #2 are my favs. The squared to camera straight on gaze doesn't work for me.


Thank you very much for stopping by and for your kind words, James!



mexicoke68 wrote:
Did you use any artificial light for this by any chance?


Thank you for stopping by. And yes, a reflector was used at a close distance to Noor for all of those and in some cases, the reflector was bent/curved to create a wrap around effect.



Picture This! wrote:
This is all so subjective and everyone's going to have an opinion. I like #2 and #4 the most. Overall a well executed set.


Thank you very much for your kind comment, Manu! Yes, I agree that it viewers’s preference varies quite a bit.



kmunroe wrote:
very nice set Joshua


Thank you very much, Kenny!



___________________________________________________



Here is another image of Noor during the session…



© AGeoJO 2021

#6 - at pampas grass




Sep 14, 2021 at 07:07 AM
friscoron
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Noor


very nice, Joshua! tough to say which is my fave, either 3 or 4.


Sep 14, 2021 at 08:09 AM
Dave_E
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Noor


Very nice Joshua I like them all. I thought they would never get that new A1 out of your hands. They are all quite lovely. Is this with the Zeiss 85

Dave



Sep 14, 2021 at 03:44 PM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Noor


friscoron wrote:
very nice, Joshua! tough to say which is my fave, either 3 or 4.


Thank you very much, Ron!



Dave_E wrote:
Very nice Joshua I like them all. I thought they would never get that new A1 out of your hands. They are all quite lovely. Is this with the Zeiss 85

Dave


I appreciate your kind words, Dave! I am using the A1 is pretty much only for fast moving action shots and these don’t count as such and more deliberate. The last 2 images that I posted later were taken with the A7r IV while a different format was used for the first 4 images.



Sep 14, 2021 at 05:13 PM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Noor


Lovely work Joshua!!

Birdie



Sep 16, 2021 at 05:54 PM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Noor


birdied wrote:
Lovely work Joshua!!

Birdie


Thank you very much, Birdie!



Sep 18, 2021 at 10:50 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Noor


Just extremely well done compositions Joshua! Your 2 addtl images of this exotic beauty are very striking!
She photographs so very well!!!
Dan



Sep 19, 2021 at 08:17 AM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.