New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2020 · Full-length images

AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Full-length images

This is my 3rd time photographing the lovely and talented Elizabeth. She is a tall young woman and to accentuate that, I decided to go for a few full-length images of her, wearing high heel shoes. The camera was on a tripod; the lens is fairly big and heavy . The height of the camera was approximately at her waist for a neutral rendition, not only of her but also of the empty hallway and the lights in the background.

Although we started with her hair down, since I liked the rim light created by the flash behind her head, but Carol, the make-up artist, suggested to put her hair up and the resulting images turned out even better. A slight problem with that since Elizabeth moved around, the placement of the flash could be off a little, like in #4. Although the flash was visible a little there and the light spilled over onto her chin and neck some, but the effect is still pleasing. I also took images of her from the waist up plus others but those will be posted in a different batch.

BTW, this session was done strictly for fun. I love photography, portrait and otherwise. Both Elizabeth and Carol needed images to add to their portfolio. So, it was a win-win situation for everybody and everybody is pleased with the results .

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave any feedback.

Joshua

© AGeoJO 2020

© AGeoJO 2020

© AGeoJO 2020

© AGeoJO 2020

Jul 05, 2020 at 12:37 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Full-length images

As the westerners say "A tall drink of water" Joshua!!! Well done! I can't speak to the techniques of portraiture photography but as a viewer "all looks well in the neighborhood here"! Really am enjoying #1
Dan

Jul 05, 2020 at 02:25 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Full-length images

Danpbphoto wrote:
As the westerners say "A tall drink of water" Joshua!!! Well done! I can't speak to the techniques of portraiture photography but as a viewer "all looks well in the neighborhood here"! Really am enjoying #1
Dan

Thank you very much, Dan! I was debating the status of the first image but since it didn’t violate the NSFW guidelines although it was the most revealing and I didn’t want to offend anyone, I decided to leave it there.

Jul 05, 2020 at 02:52 PM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Full-length images

Beautiful set and beautiful model. My pick are the third and fourth (the separation of the line of overhead lamps is better in these).

Jul 05, 2020 at 03:13 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Full-length images

Rajan Parrikar wrote:
Beautiful set and beautiful model. My pick are the third and fourth (the separation of the line of overhead lamps is better in these).

Thank you very much, Rajan! Yes, I see your point...

Jul 05, 2020 at 03:22 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Full-length images

AGeoJO wrote:
Thank you very much, Dan! I was debating the status of the first image but since it didn’t violate the NSFW guidelines although it was the most revealing and I didn’t want to offend anyone, I decided to leave it there.

There have been far more revealing photos Joshua that still remain! She doesn't bother/offend my olde eyes at all brother!!
Dan

Jul 06, 2020 at 09:47 AM
story_teller
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Full-length images

There are a lot of things to like in this series. Nice job! One thing to consider is the brightness of the overhead lights versus the subject's face (especially in number 2). Consider toning down the lights so the brightest parts of the image are the model and not the background. Just a. thought.

Jul 06, 2020 at 11:43 AM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Full-length images

story_teller wrote:
There are a lot of things to like in this series. Nice job! One thing to consider is the brightness of the overhead lights versus the subject's face (especially in number 2). Consider toning down the lights so the brightest parts of the image are the model and not the background. Just a. thought.

Thank you very much, Larry! I agree with your point.

Jul 06, 2020 at 12:33 PM
JBPhotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Full-length images

My preference is 3 & 4 due to the placement of the overhead lamps competing with her head placement. However, I am not sure why you were shooting at 1/5 sec; f/2.0; ISO 50?

After a close look at all of them, subject blur has for me lost the technical edge required for this kind of shoot. Increasing the ISO and shutter speed by equal increments would have no effect on the ambient illumination or the flash and would have given you better control over any subject movement.

Jul 06, 2020 at 01:36 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Full-length images

JBPhotog wrote:
My preference is 3 & 4 due to the placement of the overhead lamps competing with her head placement. However, I am not sure why you were shooting at 1/5 sec; f/2.0; ISO 50?

After a close look at all of them, subject blur has for me lost the technical edge required for this kind of shoot. Increasing the ISO and shutter speed by equal increments would have no effect on the ambient illumination or the flash and would have given you better control over any subject movement.

Thank you for your feedback. It was an inadvertent shift of the ISO dial to ISO 50 that caused that. I discovered that later. And of course, I changed that immediately to enable a higher shutter speed.

Jul 06, 2020 at 01:48 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Full-length images

Lovely and very tastefully done Joshua.

Birdie

Jul 07, 2020 at 09:06 AM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Full-length images

birdied wrote:
Lovely and very tastefully done Joshua.

Birdie

Thank you very much, Birdie!

Jul 07, 2020 at 06:21 PM
Evan Baines
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Full-length images

I think I actually like the shot with a little flare (last the best). Shutter speed issues were mentioned above. I would be interested in what some color grading to finesse the color palette might accomplish.

Jul 07, 2020 at 07:24 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Full-length images

Glad to see you posting Doctor(?)!!!
Dan

Jul 07, 2020 at 10:11 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Full-length images

Very very nice indeed. Joshua how did you achieve the backlight of the model's hair? Couldn't be from those overhead ceiling lights behind her?

Jul 07, 2020 at 11:21 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Full-length images

Evan Baines wrote:
I think I actually like the shot with a little flare (last the best). Shutter speed issues were mentioned above. I would be interested in what some color grading to finesse the color palette might accomplish.

Thank you very much, Evan! Yes, I may look into that later; thanks.

Jul 07, 2020 at 11:42 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Full-length images

Danpbphoto wrote:
Glad to see you posting Doctor(?)!!!
Dan

Dan, thank you very much!

Jul 07, 2020 at 11:44 PM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Full-length images

lovely series, Joshua. YGMV

Jul 07, 2020 at 11:48 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Full-length images

dalite wrote:
Very very nice indeed. Joshua how did you achieve the backlight of the model's hair? Couldn't be from those overhead ceiling lights behind her?

Thank you very much, Dennis! I used a wireless flash unit using the same control unit to trigger the main light inside a soft box in the front of the model. The flash behind her head was mounted on a monopod, standing on “chicken feet”. I had to clone out some of the “chicken feet” that stuck out here and there but it wasn’t bad at all.

Jul 07, 2020 at 11:51 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Full-length images

Secrets revealed. Sorry I was nosy

Jul 09, 2020 at 06:07 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.