Thern wrote:
You need a bluetooth enabled transmitter, that can be used with the Godox smart device app, there are two right now, the X2T and the R2 Pro II.
Thanks, this is unfortunately. I just bought a few XPro ii for my GFX and Sony and I don't think this unit support bluetooth as far as I know. Oh well....
suteetat wrote:
Thanks, this is unfortunately. I just bought a few XPro ii for my GFX and Sony and I don't think this unit support bluetooth as far as I know. Oh well....
Suteetat, like you said yourself before.
You can buy the Godox A1 to communicate with the Xpro's in Appmode.
For the phone to be used Godox is not very clear, they provide a list of fully compatible phones then they state try it with your own phone, it might work.
In the Play Store comments section somebody states his Huawei P20 (pro) isn't compatible yet, so I guess at the moment there's only one solid option to use the smartapp which would mean buying a used iphone 5 (ebay?) and up or one of the listed Android phones or keeping an eye on the A1 FW upgrades for Android.
Btw somebody overthere states the Samsung S9 isn't compatible another states it is but he needs to switch location on..
Could be usefull to know when testing your own phone.
If you're a heavy speedlite user, I'd say go with the Nikon flash. If you are more of an OCF shooter and occasionally use a speedlite, I'd go godox. I like both but the nikon flashes tend to be more accurate in terms of TTL exposure, and a bit better built than godox.
Thern wrote:
You need a bluetooth enabled transmitter, that can be used with the Godox smart device app, there are two right now, the X2T and the R2 Pro II.
Thanks for this info. Crazy how there is always something "better" with more features out there.
The Godox V860II comes with velcro and looks like gel filters. What is the velcro used for?
Bigtrouble wrote:
If you're a heavy speedlite user, I'd say go with the Nikon flash. If you are more of an OCF shooter and occasionally use a speedlite, I'd go godox. I like both but the nikon flashes tend to be more accurate in terms of TTL exposure, and a bit better built than godox.
Thanks. I am occasional OCF shooter, trying to learn. If I get to a certain point with more events/weddings, I will look at another Nikon speedlight.
Happy to help! I’ve found the nikon speedlites retain their value pretty well too - especially if you buy them second hand. I picked up an SB910 for $200 recently in mint condition, and I’m certain I could resell it for the same should I decide to go a different route.
The problem with Godox is quality control. I had the AD200 for about a month and it stopped receiving radio control. I was about to use it on a job and I'm now glad I didn't. I cant afford this kind of risk. Now I'm waiting to see if I can even get my money back. It's a great system when it works.
I had already bought The Profoto B10 and it "ROCKS"! After just a few weeks I bought another and the A1. These units were well thought out and they are such a pleasure to use. I highly recommend renting one if you can. I was nervous about cost benefit factor, but within a few days I began to smile.
Realize this is an older thread and I am necro'ing it, but finding myself in similar position... Have a SB-700 and wanting to delve into some multiple remote flash setups. Just not sure if I should build/add to the SB-700 I have ie add a another 700 and/or a couple used 910's or 5000's or just move to a Godox setup with 2 or 3 665 or 860's and their trigger. Bodies are D850 and D500 - although this would be using D850 majority of the time I would suspect. I'm keen on not having to rely on line of sight and the ability to backlight with hidden flash type setups, but am admittedly new to this - mainly a hobbyist. Mostly outdoor/wildlife/landscape and lifestyle previously but wanting to try new things . I've always been a "brand" guy and try to buy Nikon bits n parts whenever possible, but the Godox setup is intriguing.
I really like the SB-5000 as a flash. But Nikon's flash trigger system is missing whole products. They need a long-range shoe-mount radio and optical trigger like Canon's (or Godox's), to replace the SU-800 and to do justice to the SB-5000, and not these dongles which are easy to lose, force even more multitasking of the rear LCD on the camera, are limited in camera compatibility, and too easy to damage on the 10-pin and almost guaranteed to be destroyed if shooting vertically on the side-mounting version in the mirrorless and mid-range DSLRs.