Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Fixing Damaged/Corrupt NEF files?

  
 
hmzimelka
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fixing Damaged/Corrupt NEF files?


Hi all,

About a year ago I managed to damage or corrupt two RAW files... beats me how I did it, but it happened.
I just gave up after trying various software, and what put me off is the amount of very dodgy looking software.

I want to give it another shot trying to fix these NEF files, but was hoping some of you may have tried some software that worked for you, before I end up installing dodgy software.

And I can't remember what I shot with those two files ... they might be completely worthless

Has anyone got an idea?



Jul 25, 2019 at 04:09 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fixing Damaged/Corrupt NEF files?


The first is a buy for their software, but there are other hints there too

https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/repair-corrupt-raw-nikon-nef-files/

Software seems inexpensive enough. (no I haven't tried it)




Jul 25, 2019 at 10:23 AM
snapsy
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fixing Damaged/Corrupt NEF files?


hmzimelka wrote:
Hi all,

About a year ago I managed to damage or corrupt two RAW files... beats me how I did it, but it happened.
I just gave up after trying various software, and what put me off is the amount of very dodgy looking software.

I want to give it another shot trying to fix these NEF files, but was hoping some of you may have tried some software that worked for you, before I end up installing dodgy software.

And I can't remember what I shot with those two files ... they might be completely worthless

Has anyone got an
...Show more

If you send me the raws I can have a look.



Jul 25, 2019 at 03:24 PM
hmzimelka
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fixing Damaged/Corrupt NEF files?


NightOwl Cat wrote:
The first is a buy for their software, but there are other hints there too

https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/repair-corrupt-raw-nikon-nef-files/

Software seems inexpensive enough. (no I haven't tried it)



Thanks, I've tried their "demo" version but at no point does it indicate that it can repair the files or give me a preview. I understanding it wants a licensed version to save a fixed NEF... at this point its a $30 experiment and I've read enough reviews of this software to know their 30 day money back is just window dressing and not really something the company stands behind.

snapsy wrote:
If you send me the raws I can have a look.


Thank you very much... I'll upload them quickly and I'll send you a pm



Jul 26, 2019 at 04:49 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

hmzimelka
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fixing Damaged/Corrupt NEF files?


Thanks for your help!

Binned the files...



Jul 26, 2019 at 08:50 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fixing Damaged/Corrupt NEF files?


sorry that none of their other hints helped. I thought about recommending trying DNG converter on them to see if it would at least convert them over.

hmzimelka wrote:
Thanks, I've tried their "demo" version but at no point does it indicate that it can repair the files or give me a preview. I understanding it wants a licensed version to save a fixed NEF... at this point its a $30 experiment and I've read enough reviews of this software to know their 30 day money back is just window dressing and not really something the company stands behind.

Thank you very much... I'll upload them quickly and I'll send you a pm





Jul 26, 2019 at 09:13 AM
hmzimelka
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fixing Damaged/Corrupt NEF files?


According to Adam the contents of both files are all zeros, so completely empty.

Not even Horatio Caine can squeeze anything out of them...



Jul 26, 2019 at 09:17 AM







FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password