Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2018 · New Collection

Gregg B.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Collection

Congratulations to Gregg B. for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 10 votes - View Previous Winners

Hey All,
I've been traveling recently (a lot), and didn't have time to post anything here on this forum. But, I've finally got some time to process a few of my images and share them...
So, here they are...

1. The location I shot this image at is an easy 16KM (round trip) hike from El Chalten in Argentina. There are short parts little steep but nothing unmanageable. I've had clients in their 70's that did it. So it's not that bad....
The saturation of leaves this year there was incredible and at early light the colors truly popped, specially with warming polarizer on.

2. This image also comes from Argentina. I shot it while driving to the airport early in the morning. I just saw this small pond next to the road, stopped, and took the shot. The light was too good to miss it and I had little extra time. I liked this small lenticular clouds hangin over the brightest part of the mountain range. To me the scenery looked amazing...

3. Driving further on I stopped at this view point to take this shot. I had to take it because it was in my opinion incredibly looking (almost like taken from some movie). It shows the entire range of Mt. Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre. It looks small but trust me, it's huge

4. This shot comes from Imperial Dunes southern California. I liked the small "pyramid" like dune in the center nicely illuminated by the setting sun. And, I've got some clouds, something that is hard to find/see at that location....

5. This is also shot taken near by Imperial Dunes. But, it's taken from the other side of the 78 highway and that part is called Algodones dunes. I hiked on them about 2 miles in to captures this beautiful "fold" like dunes that reminded me a question mark.

That's all folks. Any thoughts?
Enjoy your weekend....

Apr 21, 2018 at 07:09 PM
aFeinberg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Collection

Great series. Strong comps as usual. 1st and last for me. Though the color is a bit overboard for my personal taste, more so in the dune shots as the magenta seems heavy-handed. Keep on with the adventures and living the dream

aF

Apr 22, 2018 at 01:50 AM
jaggedhorizon
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Collection

Amazing. I'm not qualified to critique these! I aspire to take such shots.

(and Argentina is going on the loooong list of places I just have to visit...May I ask you whether May would be a good time to visit or it's too close to their winter? Or would Easter work? Hard for me to get holiday at other times in this period...)

Apr 22, 2018 at 02:08 AM
guidostow
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Collection

Beautiful images! I particularly like the first three... Thank you for sharing!

Apr 22, 2018 at 04:22 AM
junglialoh
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Collection

fantastic panoramic view

Apr 22, 2018 at 08:25 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Collection

The first is magnificent followed closely by number three! Sensational views and captures Gregg!
Douglas

Apr 22, 2018 at 08:44 AM
Gregg B.
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Collection

jaggedhorizon wrote:
Amazing. I'm not qualified to critique these! I aspire to take such shots.

(and Argentina is going on the loooong list of places I just have to visit...May I ask you whether May would be a good time to visit or it's too close to their winter? Or would Easter work? Hard for me to get holiday at other times in this period...)

To me itís Autumn time (April). I personally would also like to go there in the Winter (July/August) because the place has its beauty when covered by the snow. Rivers usually donít freeze completely so you could captured the flow of the water and awesome light on the snow.
But if youíve never been there before go in April (preferably second week).

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:52 AM
JohnC
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New Collection

The first and last are incredible. I have a similar shot of the fitz roy range just after a snow squall in number three and I agree you have to see it in person to appreciate the vastness of the landscape.

Apr 22, 2018 at 11:31 AM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New Collection

These are stunning images!

Apr 22, 2018 at 01:05 PM
znikon5
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New Collection

Incredible, esp the first one!!

Apr 22, 2018 at 09:17 PM
Jred
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New Collection

Beautiful.

Apr 22, 2018 at 09:49 PM
kwilliam8
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New Collection

Very nice images! First and last are my favorites. However, image number two is fascinating. If you look at the reflection in that image, the darker sky above the lowest set of clouds looks like another set of mountains. What a wonderful image.
Keith W.

Apr 23, 2018 at 01:50 AM
Camperjim
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New Collection

All are nice but #1 stands out as special.

Apr 23, 2018 at 07:25 AM
Ton Hung
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New Collection

very nice set.

Apr 23, 2018 at 12:02 PM
Brian Woolf
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New Collection

First one is a stunner with those great orange leaves and trees and I do like the last one very much, it has a very liquid feel to the light and sand. Impressive!
Brian

Apr 23, 2018 at 01:09 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New Collection

Nice work Greg!!!

Apr 24, 2018 at 08:22 AM
girvincn
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New Collection

Really great shots. I've seen countless dune shots, but number 5 seems to be an interesting, unique take on the traditional. The colors are really vivid and realistic, but the contours of the dune just feel like something I haven't seen before. Congratulations on shooting what can otherwise be a cliche and making it your own!

Apr 25, 2018 at 09:23 AM
sorpa
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New Collection

Great shots!
Wall hangers!

Apr 25, 2018 at 05:11 PM
Aztatlan
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · New Collection

Fantastic collection, Gregg. Especially the Patagonia stuff. Really like the processing here too.

My friends and I bumped into you on the trails around Fitz Roy - thanks again for the tip on those cascades

Apr 25, 2018 at 06:53 PM
01Ryan10
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · New Collection

I keep coming back to these images. For me, they are perfection! Every single one of them. Every single one of them are centerpiece wall hangers. I often ask myself who would actually purchase a sunset / sunrise picture for their home? Almost all of them I see, including all of mine, are just too dark, moody, or colorful for a home's decor.

The lighting on your images and their soft redish/magentaish, almost monochromatic, tones would match up perfectly as centerpieces for many homes. Hell...I'm almost convincing myself to buy one of those.

Apr 25, 2018 at 08:02 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password