Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2018 · #800 Cold race.

Wysongj
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #800 Cold race.

-27 degrees at the start of the Yukon Quest dog sled race. Heavenly light shone through the trees and painted the face Thorsten Kohnert, a veteran racer from Sweden, on the start of his 1000 mile race from Fairbanks Alaska to Whitehorse Yukon Territory.

Feb 04, 2018 at 12:33 PM
Wysongj
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #800 Cold race.

For anyone following the race, Thorsten scratched just over half way through. He decided to quit the race for the wellbeing of his dogs. Temperatures were near -90 with windchill for the first 2/3rds of the race. Maybe he'll come back next year!

Feb 14, 2018 at 06:36 PM
GroovyGeek
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #800 Cold race.

Like the "spotlight" on the face, but the placement of the focal point does not work for me. My mind works front to back, I would have preferred it if the face is OOF and the dogs are in focus. That creates depth to the image, the opposite choice just confuses (me).

Jun 06, 2020 at 12:25 AM
BlueRidge
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #800 Cold race.

Excellent capture! The bright area of a photo always attracts the viewer's eye first, so I think you have the right focus point.

I have been in those temperatures and that is tough photography (and dog mushing)!

Mar 02, 2022 at 09:19 AM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.