fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       316              318       end
  

Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review

  
 
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.317 #1 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review











Aug 12, 2026 at 12:31 PM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.317 #2 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


grahamgibson wrote:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55350742728_10857cec2b_h.jpg
Peter in the tropics by Graham Gibson, on Flickr



It’s lovely images like this (and many others in this thread) that make me want to try this lens.



Aug 12, 2026 at 02:48 PM
Alan Parker
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.317 #3 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review









Aug 15, 2026 at 04:22 AM
brick33308
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.317 #4 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


Voigt 40/1.2 on my Sony A7CR + Techart combo. Probably the last I'll use this combo. The Techart is just too slow to acquire focus and sometime fails completely. I'd have been much better to use my M11P. Meanwhile the Voigt 40/1.2 continues to make me smile.

































Aug 16, 2026 at 11:56 AM
goo0h
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.317 #5 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


love this lens, but in low light my eyes just struggle to get focus. Also, carrying around all day it gets a bit heavy. So, it’s been sitting idle, which is sad.


Aug 16, 2026 at 12:47 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.317 #6 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


goo0h wrote:
love this lens, but in low light my eyes just struggle to get focus. Also, carrying around all day it gets a bit heavy. So, it’s been sitting idle, which is sad.


It's always kinda wild to see it confirm focus on Nikon when it's so dark I can't see details in the EVF. Can't imagine using it on a rangefinder in the same conditions.



Aug 16, 2026 at 01:42 PM
Mystik
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.317 #7 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


It's not my preferred way to use the lens, but I actually had really good results with the LMEA-9 with the CV40 (and CV75, Summilux 35 FLE too).

AF-C, wide a large selectable focus area. The initial focus can be kind of slow if the lens has to move across a long focal range but it tracks simple motion really well. AF-C will hit the eye a lot more consistently than I will on the M11

DSC02793 by Mystik, on Flickr

DSC02781 by Mystik, on Flickr

DSC02509 by Mystik, on Flickr

DSC02579 by Mystik, on Flickr



Aug 16, 2026 at 02:57 PM
goo0h
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.317 #8 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


RoamingScott wrote:
It's always kinda wild to see it confirm focus on Nikon when it's so dark I can't see details in the EVF. Can't imagine using it on a rangefinder in the same conditions.


well, I have a Sony a7rIII and a9II, which probably isn’t helping things. I’ve heard that manual focus on the Nikon is superior, but that would be a lot of cash to switch out my gear at this point. 😩





Aug 17, 2026 at 01:51 PM
Mystik
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.317 #9 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


goo0h wrote:
well, I have a Sony a7rIII and a9II, which probably isn’t helping things. I’ve heard that manual focus on the Nikon is superior, but that would be a lot of cash to switch out my gear at this point. 😩



Nikon ZF actually adapts Sony lenses really well too. You're not going to get A9II caliber AF for sure, but unless you need to faster burst rates, the AF is at least on par with the a7rIII (I owned that cam before, I actually think the ZF AF is better). ZF is the coolest looking e-mount camera



Aug 19, 2026 at 03:22 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.317 #10 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


lol, the Zf AF is worlds beyond the A7R3. It's essentially in line with the A7iv, at least with native lenses. I don't adapt E so couldn't say about that.


Aug 20, 2026 at 08:25 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

jowul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.317 #11 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


The last liftbridge on the Welland Canal in Port Colborne, ON, before the Canal ends in Lake Erie

comp_DSC02182_B+W_ji by Joachim Wulfers, on Flickr



Aug 24, 2026 at 08:05 PM
Mystik
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.317 #12 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


RoamingScott wrote:
lol, the Zf AF is worlds beyond the A7R3. It's essentially in line with the A7iv, at least with native lenses. I don't adapt E so couldn't say about that.


Yes the context of the post was AF performance when adapting e-mount lenses to the ZF



Aug 25, 2026 at 11:19 AM
urbanwild
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.317 #13 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


Quick question for the group if you don't mind. I see a lot of LA with this lens when I look at the samples. Is it pretty easy to remove with the LR sliders as one would expect?


Aug 31, 2026 at 12:31 PM
grahamgibson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.317 #14 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


urbanwild wrote:
Quick question for the group if you don't mind. I see a lot of LA with this lens when I look at the samples. Is it pretty easy to remove with the LR sliders as one would expect?


I assume you mean LoCA? Purple/green fringing? Pretty common wide open among fast lenses, it's a price to be paid with a lens this compact and fast. I find it goes away pretty well by f2-2.8. But yes, since I'm often wide open with this lens I can usually correct it pretty well in Lightroom with the eyedropper.



Sep 02, 2026 at 12:11 PM
urbanwild
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.317 #15 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


grahamgibson wrote:
I assume you mean LoCA? Purple/green fringing? Pretty common wide open among fast lenses, it's a price to be paid with a lens this compact and fast. I find it goes away pretty well by f2-2.8. But yes, since I'm often wide open with this lens I can usually correct it pretty well in Lightroom with the eyedropper.


Yes, LoCA thanks. Not sure if autocorrect changed that or I had a brain freeze but thank you.



Sep 03, 2026 at 02:05 AM
Cliff L.
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.317 #16 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


I had forgotten that I had owned this lens, once upon a time...




  ILCE-7RM3    Voigtlander NOKTON 40mm F1.2 Aspherical lens    40mm    f/1.2    1/800s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  




Sep 04, 2026 at 04:26 PM
Lightsearcher
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.317 #17 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review









Sep 13, 2026 at 04:53 PM
brick33308
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.317 #18 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


Tattoo convention
M11P, Voigt 40/1.2




































































Sep 15, 2026 at 06:53 PM
RexGig0
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.317 #19 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


Now that I have bought a Nikon ZR, I have the dilemma of whether to acquire the M-mount or Z-mount version of this Nokton, which has been on my personal road map, for some time, at grail-quest level. I did just take delivery of the CV M-to-Z Adapter, with Close Focus helicoid, but, the ZR will perform at a higher level with a lens having electronic contacts. Had I not added an M10 Monochrom, last Spring, the decision would have been simpler.

Yes, I know…. Roll the meme…. “Por Que No Los Dos?”

Notably, Camera Quest has shown this M-to-Z Close Focus adapter to be out-of-stock, for some time, but B&H had stock, when I ordered mine, a few days ago.



Sep 16, 2026 at 12:31 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.317 #20 · Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review


RexGig0 wrote:
Now that I have bought a Nikon ZR, I have the dilemma of whether to acquire the M-mount or Z-mount version of this Nokton, which has been on my personal road map, for some time, at grail-quest level. I did just take delivery of the CV M-to-Z Adapter, with Close Focus helicoid, but, the ZR will perform at a higher level with a lens having electronic contacts. Had I not added an M10 Monochrom, last Spring, the decision would have been simpler.

Yes, I know…. Roll the meme…. “Por Que No Los Dos?”

Notably, Camera Quest has shown this M-to-Z Close
...Show more →



The whole joy of shooting MF on Z is focus confirmation. Look at the Techart instead for close focus AND chipped support.

Edited on Sep 16, 2026 at 01:23 PM · View previous versions



Sep 16, 2026 at 12:37 PM
1       2       3       …       316              318       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       316              318       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account