fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2015 · Best replacement for Canon NP-E3

  
 
TMGraphics
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Best replacement for Canon NP-E3


What are some suggestions for the best replacement for Canon NP-E3 batteries? Are they all about the same or is there that one good one out there?



Apr 05, 2015 at 10:56 AM
solarishead
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Best replacement for Canon NP-E3


Are you shooting video or stills? Most of them are pretty good for stills especially since you'll get a couple for less than the cost of a Canon. I've heard for video however, that you should stick with Canon. Off brands work okay the first month but then really have a hard time holding a decent charge during use. That's what I've been told anyway, I don't shoot video.


Apr 05, 2015 at 11:12 AM
TMGraphics
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Best replacement for Canon NP-E3


I just read somewhere that you can take the AA-battery cage of the BM-E2 and swap the ends of the NP-E3 and its the same battery fit. Using AA's to power a Canon 1D. Got one ordered to see if it works! I also read the power output of the aftermarket NP-E3's do not maintain well when shooting 20-30 pic bursts, therefore an aftermarket is best for single frame shooting. Not sure if Lenmar is still the best choice in aftermarket batteries for this camera.



Apr 05, 2015 at 11:44 AM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Best replacement for Canon NP-E3


solarishead wrote:
Are you shooting video or stills? Most of them are pretty good for stills especially since you'll get a couple for less than the cost of a Canon. I've heard for video however, that you should stick with Canon. Off brands work okay the first month but then really have a hard time holding a decent charge during use. That's what I've been told anyway, I don't shoot video.


There was no video in the 2001-2005 cameras using that battery.

EBH



Apr 05, 2015 at 11:48 AM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Best replacement for Canon NP-E3


TMGraphics wrote:
I just read somewhere that you can take the AA-battery cage of the BM-E2 and swap the ends of the NP-E3 and its the same battery fit. Using AA's to power a Canon 1D. Got one ordered to see if it works! I also read the power output of the aftermarket NP-E3's do not maintain well when shooting 20-30 pic bursts, therefore an aftermarket is best for single frame shooting. Not sure if Lenmar is still the best choice in aftermarket batteries for this camera.


No, not for the digital cameras. The PB-E2 used either 8xAA cells in the BM-E2 holder or the NP-E2 pack. The NP-E2 and NP-E3 are the same other than the end cap. However, both NP-E2 and NP-E3 contain 10xAA NiMH cells.

EBH



Apr 05, 2015 at 11:51 AM
sqphotography
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Best replacement for Canon NP-E3


I used Lenmar batteries in my 1Dmk 2n for years fresh charge was good for a full football game 800 or so shots

I also had one from Delkin I think and was very pleased with that one also




Apr 07, 2015 at 05:42 AM
sqphotography
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Best replacement for Canon NP-E3


I used Lenmar batteries in my 1Dmk 2n for years fresh charge was good for a full football game 800 or so shots

I also had one from Delkin I think and was very pleased with that one also




Apr 07, 2015 at 05:42 AM
Ian.Dobinson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · Best replacement for Canon NP-E3


you can take the original cells out of the Canon battery and replace with newer ones . google it im sure its on youtube or something

personally I'd go with the Lenmar . lots of users have good things to say about them . But if you do keep the locking cap from the OEM batteries as you can swap them over . 3rd party ones typically dont fit as well . my aftermarket ones would loose contact if I held the camera in portrait orientation . with an OEM cap the problem went away



Apr 07, 2015 at 06:24 AM
TMGraphics
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Best replacement for Canon NP-E3


Thanks for the input guys!



Apr 07, 2015 at 12:19 PM
Cicopo
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Best replacement for Canon NP-E3


See this re rebuilding one.

http://www.pbase.com/piotrart/npe3



Apr 07, 2015 at 01:22 PM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Best replacement for Canon NP-E3


Soldering directly on the batteries is not a good idea.
Either buy batteries with tabs already or spot weld them on.

EBH



Apr 07, 2015 at 05:54 PM





FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account