Photoshop actions

  Reviews by: NiharB  

View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add NiharB to your Buddy List
Canon EF 35mm f/2

Review Date: Oct 12, 2009 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $280.00 | Rating: 9 

Pros: Sharp, Great colour, Affordable, Fast
Annoying AF motor, No FTM

This lens is on my camera most of the time. Its sharp, its fast, and its cheap. This lens also give photos a certain feeling that I just love. Build quality is very good for a lens of this price. The FOV is very useful on a crop camera. Its minimum focus distance is very useful.

My nitpicks:

-the AF motor is noisy and 85% of the time its not a bother. The other 15% of the time, like when the lens hunts or if in a quiet environment then, yeah the AF noise is an issue.

-This didn't bother me until I did get a lens with full time manual focus, but FTM would be nice on this lens. But so would many other features that would just jack up the price. So, unless you use FTM all the time on your other lenses then this lens could be annoying to you because of the lack of it.

tl;dr summary: Great affordable lens, good bang for buck value. A must have in a poor photographers bag.