Nikon D810

SD slot with UHS support plus CompactFlash slot with UDMA support

incrediblehark

Registered: Nov 6, 2014
Review Date: Feb 3, 2021 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $2,300.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Excellent AF, Excellent Dynamic Range, Excellent Live View, Great IQ, Ergonomics and handling, Electronic Front Curtain
Cons:

I wanted to post a quick review of this amazing camera. It has excellent IQ and dynamic range. The raw files are wonderful to work with and super sharp with the right lens combo. The electronic front curtain function was the reason I purchased this camera. It essentially works as a mirror-less camera for landscapes when set up properly resulting in zero Shutter shake. The improved AF of this camera constantly surprises me. My 24mm 1.4g and 35mm 1.4g, plus all of my other lenses for that matter, focus perfectly without fine tune. This is my main landscape and portrait camera and I've never felt the need to upgrade. Definitely still an excellent camera in 2021.

Feb 3, 2021
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add incrediblehark to your Buddy List
ArizonaImage

Registered: Oct 15, 2014
Review Date: Nov 29, 2017 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $2,199.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Image Quality & Detail. Dynamic Range. ISO Performance. Video Quality. Durability & Battery Life.
Cons:

This to me remains 2nd only to the D850 when it comes to a perfect camera. Aside from 4K, this camera did everything exceptionally well. When I switched from the D800 to this, it felt like an entirely new camera. Literally everything was an improvement, from image quality to video quality and focusing. I believe this camera was one of the most sought after cameras and one of the best cameras released by any manufacturer. This camera is still better than most cameras from 2017 and for its price point now? I believe its a gem of a camera for photographers who want exceptional performance. It makes an amazing studio camera and even better wildlife/landscape camera.

Nov 29, 2017
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add ArizonaImage to your Buddy List
Mick Dooley

Registered: Mar 4, 2007
Review Date: Jul 4, 2016 Recommend? yes | Price paid: Not Indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: IQ is brilliant, I was going to list off stuff that is really good, but ... this is the best camera I've owned and then some. I always need to own the best gear and for many years I'm not looking for something better
Cons:
Nothing of consequence - thats the truth.

I do events, portraits, and products, mostly music related. landscapes for fun. This camera covers all that and more. I use it as second camera on video shoots.

I'm one of those who insists on the top gear, with everything !
And this camera is it for me. I have very little lust for anything else, and for first time in years I have no desire to look at alternatives/better. I'll probably replace my Sony video camera long before I look for other Nikons.

This is the best camera I've ever had, and I'm using it more than any previous camera. In the last two years I've shot double the shutter count of any other two years shooting.

Looking several years ahead, I may need to upgrade my video rig and I may need a better second camera on video shoots - but that is If But and Maybe, and how many years away !

Jul 4, 2016
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add Mick Dooley to your Buddy List
Julius

Registered: Jan 26, 2002
Review Date: Jul 23, 2015 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $2,995.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Awesome Camera
Cons:

Let me join the previous reviewer with a second review and just as it was mentioned, it is really weird that there are only these 2 reviews so far of this awesome camera.
I have to agree that this is the best camera I have ever owned within the past 55 years I was involved with photography. This includes Leica M, Leica SLR, Hasselblad (various models), Canons and Nikons.
I have never enjoyed any camera as much as I enjoy this one and the results are nothing short of amazing.
I do have Olympus E-M1 and E-M5 II full blown systems which I also enjoy a lot but when it comes to serious Photography, detailed landscapes and such, the D810 is the one which is being used.

Jul 23, 2015
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add Julius to your Buddy List
mabryms

Registered: Aug 27, 2009
Review Date: Dec 4, 2014 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $3,000.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Image Quality & ISO performance Responsiveness of camera Focus System Low Native ISO perfect for strobing outside
Cons:
You will want more than one.

I can't believe there are no other reviews for this camera! I have owned every digital SLR or mirorless camera produced in the past 5 years (Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Panasonic, Olympus, Phase One MF DB & Hasselblad H3d series) and this is the best all around camera I have ever owned. The image quality is finally on par with the P40+ and H3DII 39 that I previously owned with the added bonus of great ISO performance. This camera's image quality is better than the D800E and the camera performance is much more responsive. The new focus system bests the D4, and I also believe it's ISO performance is better. I use this camera for weddings and sports and it is flawless...oh yah, I dabble with video and it is great for that as well.

Dec 4, 2014