Wotancraft City Explorer Scout

1 925 Apr 19, 2020

This midsized shoulder bag can be worn cross-body, is made to exacting standards by a team of expert craftsman, and is completely weatherproof with the included insert. Waxed canvas and leather construction.

amethystwed

Registered: Apr 15, 2020
Review Date: Apr 19, 2020 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $250.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Incredible build quality. The best made bag I've ever owned by a good bit. Survived 5 years of world travel without incident. Basically waterproof, I've had this in a few heavy rainstorms and it's always kept my gear bone dry.
Cons:
Only con is just the weight. The waxed canvas + weatherproof insert makes this smaller bag surprisingly heavy, and it can be a bit much when fully loaded up with gear.

This bag has been around the world with me on various travels. It's been covered in mud on one occasion, drenched with rain on several others, and dropped more times than I'd care to admit. Through all that, it's kept my gear safe and sound, and still looks remarkably good, with nary a stitch out of place. I'd easily expect another 15 years out of this bag, possibly more if I get less adventurous!

The one build quality related flaw I've found is that this year (even with regular care) the leather portions on the bottom corners of the bag have begun to look quite worn out. All other leather on the bag still looks immaculate. I will probably get around to having Wotancraft replace those pieces at some point.

As a wedding photographer in Tampa, Florida, it's served well as a side/secondary bag for parts of the day where the bulk of my peak design backpack is too much as well.

Overall, highly recommended!

Apr 19, 2020
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add amethystwed to your Buddy List

Wotancraft City Explorer Scout