Sony 400mm 2.8 GM

1 802 Dec 7, 2019
10.0

It took me over a year of primarily shooting Sony before I could make the purchase of this lens happen. During that time, I kept my Canon 400mm 2.8 IS II and a 1DX for field sports. This lens, on a Sony body is a real game changer! The resolution even with 1.4 and 2x converters far surpasses the equivalent Canon and Nikon systems that I've owned. I don't know how much of that is due to the amazing resolving capabilities of the lens and how much is due to the combination of the lens on an A9 and A7RIV. There is nothing like it on the market. Totally worth the expense.

jrobichaud

Registered: Feb 21, 2005
Review Date: Dec 7, 2019 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $11,000.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Unrivaled image quality, even with converters. Light enough to bring anywhere. I still can't believe the image quality when heavily cropped using a 2x and the A9.
Cons:
Price would be the obvious downside, but really, it works so well with converters that I have no desire for a 600mm like I had to have with Nikon and Canon. So in the respect that is the only super tele I need, it has saved me money.

Dec 7, 2019
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add jrobichaud to your Buddy List

Sony 400mm 2.8 GM